TES: Capes & Cloaks
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
FlipMoeJack
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

TES: Capes & Cloaks

Is it possible to create Capes and Cloaks. I'd like to figure out how to create them and hopefully animate them, but animation seems impossible. I want people to be able to by and wear the capes all across the land. I'd like to make a specific cloak for vampires...does anyone know if its possible to create such things?

Any advice or ideas shall be helpful. Thanks.
Post Wed Aug 07, 2002 4:42 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I haven't' done any modding, so this might not be a good lead, but then again it might. The Silverdrake Boots mod has a tunic in it that fits over your armor (so it's not working like a shirt or a cuirass). Don't remember how it looked in 3rd person, but that might give you some guidance if you look at that code.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Wed Aug 07, 2002 8:43 pm
FlipMoeJack
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Thanks

Thanks, anyone else with any clues on how to go about creating these new items?

This seems rather difficult to pull off...
Post Fri Aug 09, 2002 4:00 am
MadPriest
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

yeah this is really one of the only mods I've been looking for since I bought morrowind right when it came out, it would be really cool to have Cloaks, capes..etc..as well as other neat clothing, like the stuff you could wear in Daggerfall but where it would actually show up. The Vampire cloak thing sounds awesome, there needs to be more variety of clothes , even Ultima Online has some great unique stuff,

hopefully someone will figure it out
Post Tue Aug 20, 2002 11:26 pm
Brenner
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

a couple of people have made capes and or cloaks in their mods by making a model that covers the proper ares but making them skirts, helms, or shirts. do a search for the cloack of mykul - that is a cloak on its own. someone else has one in an item pack, but the cloaks are too unbalanced. there is another one too, but i can't even think of where i saw it.
Post Wed Aug 21, 2002 12:25 am
Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I'll release cloak collection 1.4 this week, it will feature capes (it now only has cloaks) and over 30 enchanted version.

Brenner: do you mean my mod is unbalanced or Mykuls mod is? As for Mykuls mod, his cloaks use a script that will give you a HUGE boost to various skills (+75 sneak/security constant for example). I actually created my mod so people could use Mykuls models without feeling like a cheater

Anyway, if you are interested you can get the cloak collection from the summit, or from www.morrowindfiles.com

Take a look at this thread btw, it gives a bit more info:
http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12308

Actually quite off, people keep asking for cloaks but my mod got exactly 0 replies here
Post Tue Oct 15, 2002 3:03 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

quote:
Originally posted by Mephisto
...Actually quite off, people keep asking for cloaks but my mod got exactly 0 replies here

1) Hi mephisto; i have question about the cloack collection plugin your created with other people. When i try loading my save game i got error = "Expression error unable to find spell "cloaking_device" in script cloackscript." I have check already to make sure all the files is in proper folders or follow the exact installation instructions in readme, but still got same problem. What happen? when i ignored the error messages and keep playing, and gone to clothier at Balmora, suran, or even Alruhn, i couldn't find any cloaks available. ???

2) Any magical properties on all your cloaks (cloak collection), i don't want too powerful items.

3)I noticed that there's no version info inside readme for cloak collection plugin i recently download. I download it couple days ago; also it seem there's a lot of problems at mods download sites (Mw summit & Mwfiles) such as broken links, server down, etc, do you know what happen?.
Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:14 am
Mephisto
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

If you have no version number in the readme you have version 1.0. And if you are unlucky (and it sounds like this) you have the beta version. This one should NOT have been for download, and I strongly suggest you remove it from your system. Download V1.3 here:
http://www.ubisoft.nl/morrowind/files/plugins/Cloak%20Collection.zip

I have sent V1.4 to Iamhere and he'll test it next week. As for the enchantments, yes, they are enchanted. You can see some pics here:

http://www.jaload.netfirms.com/hoodedrobe2.jpg
http://www.jaload.netfirms.com/cloakhood.jpg

Note these are all 1.4 items, and they will be unique. You wont be able to buy these cloaks

And yes, both the Summit and MWfiles had insane probs last few days. Nothing to do with my mod, just bad luck.
Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:32 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Thanks for the link!
Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:05 pm