Graphic card which worked smoothly with Morrowind
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
firebead
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Graphic card which worked smoothly with Morrowind

Played Morrowind almost non-stop for 3 days... Would have been non-stop if the game hadn't been crashing every hour or so.

After read some posts here and the official forum, I couldn't find a fix for my problem, though I have a clue: my rig is TOO slow

It's P3-933 (512MB RAM) and a Radeon LE graphic card.
My problem is in fact not the frame rate yet (I couldn't tell the FR, for I don't know how to get the FR readout in the game - someone please enlight me!), it's really the game crash too often. I end up using F5 key almost like a relex...

Anyway, I guess I need to get a new card to replace my be-loved Radeon LE.

Someone suggested GF4 Ti4200. Is this card a good fit for my current machine? Is it even out yet? Anyone using this card with Morrowind?

Would you offer your suggestions here, and better yet, post the following data if your game runs smoothly, and stable (doesn't crash often):

Card Model, RAM, FR in the cities and Wilderness, Driver Version, Special notes on the display setup.

I would imagine a lot of us have the same problem/questions like I have: loved the game, but need an upgrade to fully enjoy it. We all thank you for your help
Post Sun May 05, 2002 5:42 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

To see framerates in game, edit morrowind.ini and find line for fps (it is obvious, but I do not exact name) and change its value from 0 (default, off) to 1 (on)
Post Sun May 05, 2002 7:05 am
Mephy

Your system should work fine, albeit in low detail. Try to get the latest drivers, clean your OS out a bit etc.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 10:21 am

iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Re: Graphic card which worked smoothly with Morrowind

quote:
Originally posted by firebead

Someone suggested GF4 Ti4200. Is this card a good fit for my current machine? Is it even out yet? Anyone using this card with Morrowind?

Nope....it's due out (at least according to most sites) around the end of this month. Right now the best price I've found for the 64 MB version is 169 dollars, and for the 128 MB version, approx $225 (US). I'll be grabbing one of these pups to replace my aging Geforce2 GTS 32MB..
Post Sun May 05, 2002 1:40 pm

ati radeon vid card

im fairly sure that morrowind doesnt support that particular video card just check the readme.txt or what ever cause it list only a couple of radeon cards

good luck
Post Sun May 05, 2002 3:00 pm