View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Bombadill
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Where is the patch?

From the interview witn PB in july:

GothicDot: Why, compared to the bugfree German version, the englich version of Gothic 2 has so many bugs, even though its game version is higher than the last German version (1.31 - 1.30) Will there be a patch for the english version?

Mike Hoge: The reason: Sloppiness, partly from us, partly from our publishers. We do apologize deeply for this. A patch will be released shortly we are just about to make it!

How long can it take!
Post Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:30 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

I made a patch to fix the German text showing up in the journal. It is called G2text1 Mod. Ask Gorath if he is going to host it or not. I sent it in, and e-mailed and never get an answer for some reason. it was for download but now it is gone?

I made it 6 months ago. I can send it to you, but it needs to be a place with a real adress, hotmail and yahoo will not accept files due to spam filters. Gorath has it on his hard drive, it was for download because it was wrongly sitting in the place of the G2DemoSubtitlesEnglish file made by HornOx. I dowloaded off there to save the trouble of digging up off my old hard drive.
Post Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:44 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Of course we can host it.
I´m not aware I´ve received an email by you with a patch. I don´t have it on my hard disk.
Maybe the spam filter ate it.
Post Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:03 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

I will send it again. it was for download, I PM you about the wrong file it was sitting in place of at Gothic/gallery/special. It was on your present hard drive. I downloaded it from there to confirm it.

I send it by e-mail with the attachment. if your spam filter is eating it, then how should I send it? Are you sure it is not on the hard drive?
Post Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:39 pm
thartanian
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

could i get a copy of that patch? That would be awesome. I just bought the game and was looking for an english patch of some kind.
Post Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:53 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

I can send it to you, but your hotmail account e-mail adress will not accept a 1 Meg attachment file.

Do you have an e-mail adress that will accept the fan made patch? Just PM for privacy and I will send it to you. It is 1.09 Meg long zipped.

I really hope this website can figure out how to host my fan made patch so others can use it. I been trying to get it posted here for months.

Post Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:09 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes712
I will send it again. it was for download, I PM you about the wrong file it was sitting in place of at Gothic/gallery/special. It was on your present hard drive. I downloaded it from there to confirm it.

I send it by e-mail with the attachment. if your spam filter is eating it, then how should I send it? Are you sure it is not on the hard drive?

Just send it to my mail account and PM me. Then we´ll immediately see if it came through.
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:21 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hmm the other opportunity to give the patch is to upload it to some places where they give u free 10-20 megs for ur website u could up it there for example also ehe
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:46 pm