DEMO questions Revisited
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Reagan
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Lets see if I can make my problem so clear there is no misunderstanding it:
***** I've been to the NewCamp,SwampCAmp and a few other places doing errands.I've completed several quests/tasks given to me.I am back in the Old Camp now and NEED to go back to New Camp to complete a task as well as other places I need to revisit. The Problem?--I cannot go back! I cannot move farther away from the Old Camp now more than just a few yards away-in any direction- from the Ditch that surrounds the OC.For instance,I need to speak to Calavorn(sp?) and get him to teach me "Sneak"-and He is not very far away from the OC,but I cannot get to him.
I had freely moved between the Camps up to this point and suddenly the Barrier seems to have surrounded the Old Camp allowing no egress into the other areas.This is my problem!

Now,couple more questions:

1. Demo D/L was 270MB zipped--473MB when installed. How many MB's is the Full Game? Reason for this question is that I cannot find the Game anywhere in this area. I am guessing it would not even be feasible IF someone had the game and already finished it that I could download it from them?

2.I read posts referring to "Sect Camp"--is this the same as Swamp Camp?

3.I read posts saying that you cannot STAY in the Old Camp.Does this mean that IF you succeed in joining the OC that at some point they kick you out ( why do they do that)and that once ousted you can no longer Join any other Camp?

Many thanks for your indulgence.

Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:58 pm
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

It's normally that you can,t move free in the demo

Gothic II Credits
Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 2:22 pm
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

1.The full version is 1gb or 850 mb for 1gb you don,t need the CD

3. No, you can,t stea there.

[ This Message was edited by: Freakie on 2002-04-04 08:51 ]
Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 2:25 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Buy the game. No one here is going to give it to you.

Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 6:40 pm
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

Val is right, we all haved payed for it! (that's what I think)

Gothic II Credits
Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 7:23 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

2. Yes.
3. You get locked out of the OC for story related reasons. This is inavoidable.

You can teleport 2m forward through everything if you press the k key in Marvin Mode. Use F8 to readjust to ground level if necessary.

[ This Message was edited by: Gorath on 2002-04-04 13:47 ]
Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 7:45 pm
Bigpapa
Stranger from north
Stranger from north

Uh, warez reguests
What next...

Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 7:49 pm
Reagan
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

This board is rife with smart-asses and ignorant people. Not ONCE have I gotten any semblance of a reasonable answer to my legitimate question about my problem with the Demo-all I get are assanine answers. Doesn't anybody here read it with any understanding? Obviously NOT!
I never ASKED anyone here for ANYTHING but some information. I NEVER asked or IMPLIED I wanted ANYONE here to GIVE me the damn Game or to furnish me with a WAREZ site.I have a damn good reason for wanting to know that info and it has not a goddamned thing to do with Pirated Software.I'd explain it to you but its apparent none of you have the Ken to grasp it.
Shame on you!
Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 9:45 pm
Reagan
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

***** I've been to the NewCamp,SwampCAmp and a few other places doing errands.I've completed several quests/tasks given to me.I am back in the Old Camp now and NEED to go back to New Camp to complete a task as well as other places I need to revisit. The Problem?--I cannot go back! I cannot move farther away from the Old Camp now more than just a few yards away-in any direction- from the Ditch that surrounds the OC.For instance,I need to speak to Calavorn(sp?) and get him to teach me "Sneak"-and He is not very far away from the OC,but I cannot get to him.
I had freely moved between the Camps up to this point and suddenly the Barrier seems to have surrounded the Old Camp allowing no egress into the other areas.This is my problem!
+++Since I got no help here on this I went ahead and restarted a new game in the Demo.Now I am back to where I was when I first asked the question and I am able to go ahead and find Cavalorn and do the other tasks without getting bounced back by the Barrier. So,it was some BUG that prevented this in my first try that is not present in this attempt.++++

1. Demo D/L was 270MB zipped--473MB when installed. How many MB's is the Full Game? Reason for this question is that I cannot find the Game anywhere in this area. I am guessing it would not even be feasible IF someone had the game and already finished it that I could download it from them?

3.I read posts saying that you cannot STAY in the Old Camp.Does this mean that IF you succeed in joining the OC that at some point they kick you out ( why do they do that)and that once ousted you can no longer Join any other Camp?

And I want to thank Gorath for the answers to # 2 and 3--Thank you!

[ This Message was edited by: Reagan on 2002-04-04 16:03 ]
Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 10:02 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Payed for it... right. Well, i mean, i would had, if i found it, i don't know, i don't think they released Gothic in Sweden.
Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 10:25 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

Hmm, you are not allowed to go past the boundaries that are set in the demo. It is that simple. In the full version of the game that invisible wall is removed and replaced by the Barrier, which is quite visible and will kill you upon passing. The demo has about 1/4 to 1/6 of the total land in the game excluding the Mines and the Sleeper Temple.

Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 10:34 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

My, my aren't we touchy.
quote:

IF someone had the game and already finished it that I could download it from them?

This certainly sounds like you want it for free. Shame on you.

quote:

On 2002-04-04 16:02, Reagan wrote:
+++Since I got no help here on this I went ahead and restarted a new game in the Demo.Now I am back to where I was when I first asked the question and I am able to go ahead and find Cavalorn and do the other tasks without getting bounced back by the Barrier. So,it was some BUG that prevented this in my first try that is not present in this attempt.++++

You want to know what your problem is here? Your problem is that you are trying to do things with the demo that it wasn't designed for. The demo is ONLY supposed to give you a taste for the game. That's why it's a DEMO. It's not the full game, therefore you are restricted from going to certain areas within the it.
quote:

1. Demo D/L was 270MB zipped--473MB when installed. How many MB's is the Full Game?

It's about 1GB.
quote:

Reason for this question is that I cannot find the Game anywhere in this area.

You can buy it off the Interent. I believe Amazon has it for $39.99.
quote:

The Sect Camp and the Swamp Camp are the same camp.

[ This Message was edited by: Val on 2002-04-04 16:42 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Val on 2002-04-04 16:49 ]
Post Thu Apr 04, 2002 10:40 pm
Darian
Village Leader
Village Leader

Reagan,

You can't go to the New Camp. Swamp Camp = Sect Camp, Free Mine Camp or Xardas' Tower in the Demo. Those places are just holes in the game world because the Demo was not compiled with:
Demontower.zen
FreeMineCamp.zen
NewCamp.zen
PsiCamp.zen

The Demo only has Surface.zen and OldCamp.zen.

You either already have the full version, or you were somewhere else and mistakenly thought you were in those camps.

Press the S or B key to see your player stats

Quickly type marvin

Press S or B again to go back to the play screen. You should see Marvin-Mode in the upper left of the screen.

Now when you are at the edge of the DemoLand
barrier you can press the K key to blow through it. Be looking down hill or you might fall through the world.

You can also press F2 to open the console.

Type G the word goto should appear.

Type W the word waypoint should appear.

Type psi_start Use the ? to get an underline.

You should be right in front of the Swamp Camp or the whole where it was.

OW_Path_OC_NC or it may have been Path_OC_NC will put you outside the demo barrier on the pathway to Cavalorn.

If he is there you have the full version of the game. If there are any npcs or monsters outside the demo barrier you have the full version of the game. I found on molerat in the cave by the weed-mixers.
Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 1:08 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:

On 2002-04-04 16:25, Rawis wrote:
Payed for it... right. Well, i mean, i would had, if i found it, i don't know, i don't think they released Gothic in Sweden.

Then I´d be interested to hear where the guy who wrote the FAQ bought it 4 months ago. He is from Sweden.
At least I´m not surprised to hear it´s hard to find.
Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 3:04 am
ffbj
High Emperor
High Emperor

"This board is rife with smart asses and ignorant people." Well I guess we can add another one to the list. (From one of the smart asses.)

Actually this board has a number of extremely helpful people: Val, Jaz, Gorath, and many others. I just don't get people who bomb in here with a couple of posts, write huge rambling posts, complaining about the Demo, and how they
can't do everything. What do you expect? It is
a DEMO. Get real.
Post Fri Apr 05, 2002 4:11 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next