Members
Usergroups
how do I rest on beds?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Mamu

how do I rest on beds?

I have quite the dilemma (however thats spelled)

have to rest on beds, when in town, so I go to a bed, and I try to rest, and it keeps telling me I am too far away, I need to be near a bed. yet I have tried multiple angles, near the bed, and on top of the bed.

so what gives?
Post Sun May 12, 2002 4:05 am

LORD_LSD
City Guard
City Guard

Newer seen nor heard about that. Only things i know of are 1)illegal to rest 2)someone elses bed - crime has been reported.

Only suggestion is that this is a bug, and you should email bethseda and enclose your savegame (not all of them-just one with the problem) with it, and explain in the letter what is (not) happening.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 4:15 am
Mamu

thats what I meant, it says its illegal to rest here, need to find a bed...yet I am standing next to one, also tried it standing on top of one, just wondering what Im doing wrong, cause Im doing it at an inn bed
Post Sun May 12, 2002 4:41 am

Nasarius
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Oh, OK. Target the bed and press spacebar (the USE key). That took me a little while to figure out, too
Post Sun May 12, 2002 4:42 am
Mamu

ahhh, thanks abunch

thats definetely a design flaw there, hehe
Post Sun May 12, 2002 4:59 am

LORD_LSD
City Guard
City Guard

If it says its "illegal to rest here" that means you are trying to rest in a bed thats not yours. Basicly you can ret in any bed you like - provided noone sees you. Just go to a bed, and crouch, if you see the steal/sneak icon, rest, if not - it's a crime. That wouldn't be such a bother , but the fact is that everything your ever stolen is turned over at the moment you get gaught. If you need a place to rest, i suggest you find a shop with two stories, the other is allways unguarded and has a bed.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 5:20 am
madigan

Er hello!

If you go pay an innkeep you can go take a room in the inn and sleep in the bed! Your local guild that you belong to supply cots for you to rest in as well. Either that or go camp on the outskirts of town and risk the rats in your bedroll.

Howd you feel like it if someone slept in your bed! Geez!
Post Sun May 12, 2002 12:30 pm