Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Need help to impress baal Tyon (he in the tempel yard)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread

I have been in The new camp and helpt the baal there...and for reward I took the scrolls to impress baal cadar, but how do I impresse Tyon now...Iīve got 3 invitation, but I donīt now were I can get the last one...plz help me (plz dont complaine about my English) you can send the answer to r_bengberg@hotmail.com
Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 5:50 pm

Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

You don,t have a change to impresse Tyon, because if you whant to impresse him you should have pick as reward 'help me join the Sect'.Bud you only need to impresse 4 baal's so doe: the new soul quest, the weed quest, and talkt to Lester and say that you have realy belief in the Sleeper, and send one of the workers in sleep.

Gothic II Credits
Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 5:59 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

You weren't supposed to get scrolls, you needed a specially prepared swampweed joint.

Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 5:59 pm
D.J.
Village Leader
Village Leader

you should tell him to help you get to the brotherhood; then you would get prepared weed and give it to the baal in front of the temple.
Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 6:00 pm

Me again.....Iīve done new soul member, Talked to Lester, gived Tyon the weed but I couldnīt join the sect any way??
Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 7:08 pm

ffbj
High Emperor
High Emperor

You have to impress 4 of the Baal's. Look under your missions. Go to Kor Kalom and talk to him.
Click on I think I have convinced the Baal's, after you have impressed 4 Baal's.
Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 7:14 pm
ffbj
High Emperor
High Emperor

Try this. Go to the weedmashers, around six in the evening and talk to the named character there. Keep trying to talk to him. He can help you.
Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 7:17 pm

I donīt now who more I can convince....
Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 7:17 pm

ffbj
High Emperor
High Emperor

Also. Talk to Joru.
Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 7:19 pm

Thanks
Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 7:22 pm

Who do you mean...I spoken to Talas infront of the tempel and with the man who sit and smoke al the time..but none of them want to speak with me...I donīt anderstand...
Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 10:53 pm

Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

**Spoiler**

* The Baals Quests *

To earn respect within the Camp (to be able to join it, or just get a load of extra experience) you need to do something for each one of the five Baals around the camp. (Baal NetBek isnt included ) After impressing all five of them, (or four) you can go up to Cor Kalom and ask him if you can join. (Requires a Robe).

- Baal Namib

The first Baal you meet in the camp is Baal Namib.

#1 Talk to Lester, ask him everything you can. After asking him everything, ask him to show you to the temple. As soon as you are out of sight from Namib, ask him how to impress his master. Tell him that you changed your mind about going to the temple.
(he will return to the entrance)

#2 Return to the entrance. Lester will speak to you loudly. Say to him that you have renounced your old gods.

#3 Go and stand directly in front of Namib. He will then tell you that you seem to be worthy and ask him if you want to join. Tell him that you want to join.

- Baal Orun

The longest of the Baal quests involve Baal Orun, but he also awards you with an item you need to impress Cadar, and give you
the most experience. Baal Orun is the one that guards the working Novices that mashes
weed on the "Weed Mashing Place".

#1 Talk to Ghorim, one of Orun's novices. (Stand in front of him, and he will stand up, then you can talk to him).

#2 Go to Marlok at the Weed Store. Tell him to get over to his job. When Marlok sits down, go up to his back, draw your weapon, quickly beat him unconcious. When he stands up, tell him to go to work again, and follow him. If Marlok seems to strong for you, you can drop your Ore next to him, then try to take him out even if he strikes you down a couple of times (just eat yourself up to full again). Noone will steal your ore, so when you have striked him down you can pick your ore up again. Personally I took him out on my first try, with a Withered Axe and 10 in strength.

#3 When Marlok have returned to his job, Orun will speak to you if you stand right in front of him.

#4 Go to the Inner Harvest Area: Next
(right) of the weed mashers are two huts. Walk around them and you will see a short stone bridge. Walk out on it, and dive in. Walk stright across the water and you will see a guy standing there named Baal NetBek. The rest of the people is not far from here.

Here, talk to Balorn. Also, ask Balorn who to sell to. Give him his requested Ore.
(This will open up Cipher as a trader in New Camp)

#5 Go to the Outer Harvest Area:
Go to Gor Na Bar, the watcher of the swamp. (You will find him, if you only follow the edge of the swamp a bit) Stand right in front of him and look into the swamp. I like you to temporary enter your preferences and turn up your visual range to 300%. See the mountain tops? Take a look stright at the final top before the mountain goes down into the sea. Now, go stright forward into the swamp. You will avoid swampsharks but there are a few bloodflies in your way. (you are free to reduce the visual range if you want to).

Here, talk to Viron. Kill all the bloodflies around here for him, and talk to him again. Tell him you dont see any bloodflies.

Note, after doing this once, you can do it each day for 100 Weed!

#6 Deliver the weed to Cor Kalom
Go back and stand in front of Orun. After he have talked to you its important that you talk to him again and tell him about the weed delivery (even if he seemed to get it before you told him) This will gain you a sleep scroll that you will use on the Baal Cadar quest.

- Baal Cadar

Baal Cadar is the Baal that stands on the scene beneath the training arena. He will also become a shop after solving his mission.

#1 Use the scroll you got from Orun on one of his students. Thats all...

- Baal Tyon

Baal Tyon stands on the Temple Field. Solving his quest requires you to solve Baal Kagan's mission up in the New Camp.

#1 Talk to Baal Kagan in the New Camp. Ask him if you can share his weed. Give all 10 weed to different rogues (earning 100 ore) Then talk to him again, telling him that you have shared the weed. Request his award to be "Help me to join the Brotherhood". Now you will get a "Prepared Weed" from him.

#2 Give Baal Tyon the prepared weed.
(Talk to him, select "give prepared weed")

- Baal Tondral

Baal Tondral have a wooden arena with a roof made out of fabric. There he stands all day tutoring his students. Solving his mission require a trip to the Old Camp, or even two
if you forgot to talk to Dusty Earlier.

#1 Talk to Dusty in the Old Camp, he will tell you about a friend who joined the brotherhood named "Melvin".

#2 Stand in front of Baal Tondral and he will speak to you. Ask if its ok to speak to him. Ask him about Loyalty

#3 Find Melvin, that sits in front of Joru ("Right Path") and tell him you met his friend Dusty.

#4 This is a great time to return the Reicipy for Dexter, so be sure to get it from Cor Kalom's left chest (wait until his co-worker is out of the hut, and then picklock it).

This is also a good time to speak to Thorus and tell him that he will never see Mordrag again. (If you havnt done so earlier).

Now go all the way back to the Old Camp and talk to Dusty. You need 100 Ore to bribe the back guards, and if you have, Dusty will follow you. Now save! This part can be a bit tricky, and if you are unlucky Dusty may "get lost" behind your back, so keep him in sight. Go all the way back to Baal Tyon, and keep sure that Dusty is with you.

There is btw, a known trick called the "hunting with dusty" trick. Dusty is immortal, and can be taken anywhere on the map. Let him attack the monsters (and take their concentration away from you) and you can pick them from behind, with range weaponry, or with the help of Dusty. Keep on until you get tired of it.

#5 Talk to Baal Tondral again when Dusty is next to you, and tell him you have a new student for him. Then tell Tondral that you would like to join the Brotherhood.
-JemyM Gothic FAQ

Post Sat Apr 06, 2002 11:04 pm