Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
At a dead end regarding the Thieve's Guild. - Help!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

At a dead end regarding the Thieve's Guild. - Help!

Hey everyone - need your help!

Finding the entrance to Thieve's guild was easy. I am currently guildless, and here's all the interaction I've had concerning the Thieve's Guild so far:

Tracked down Rengaru and got back the pilfered goods. I DID NOT turn him in though.

Agreed to deliver Akil's farm goods to Nagur in the Harbor District, but then I had another tinge of conscience and gave to stuff to the proper recipient instead - taking my chances with Nagur (he said he'd kill me if I didn't deliver) but actually he doesn't say anything at all. I beat him up (uh yeah..said he'd kill me... that's funny - guy was a pip squeak) but he doesn't have anything on him that helps me get to that ever-evasive THIEVE'S GUILD!

I've talked to every named person in the town, and none are helping..
can YOU named persons help instead?? Thanks!
Post Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:25 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Did you try to turn nagur in? After that talk to Kardif in the bar.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:24 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Re: At a dead end regarding the Thieve's Guild. - Help!

Good for you. I wanted to cross Nagur too, but I was afraid it would mess up the rest of the Thieve's Guild. Please let me know if you are still allowed to be a member.

I let Rengaru go free too. After you join the thieve's guild be sure to go back to him! He has a nice surprise for you. You also have to do the fishmonger before seeing the bartender in the port.

quote:
Originally posted by Jabberwocky
Hey everyone - need your help!

Finding the entrance to Thieve's guild was easy. I am currently guildless, and here's all the interaction I've had concerning the Thieve's Guild so far:

Tracked down Rengaru and got back the pilfered goods. I DID NOT turn him in though.

Agreed to deliver Akil's farm goods to Nagur in the Harbor District, but then I had another tinge of conscience and gave to stuff to the proper recipient instead - taking my chances with Nagur (he said he'd kill me if I didn't deliver) but actually he doesn't say anything at all. I beat him up (uh yeah..said he'd kill me... that's funny - guy was a pip squeak) but he doesn't have anything on him that helps me get to that ever-evasive THIEVE'S GUILD!

I've talked to every named person in the town, and none are helping..
can YOU named persons help instead?? Thanks!

Post Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:51 pm
Robin_Hood
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I beat the game and I enver joined the thieves guild so this time I am going to so this is what I got done for them but I still need help joining it I am confused.

I got Rengaru and said to him to split the money he stole with me, then i paid the money back to Joril. I also planted the picture in Sarahs thing. [ dont know if that has anything to do with joining thieves guild] I also got the package from Akil and gave it to Nagur. Nagur sold the package and I got my money. So what else do I need to do to join the thieves guild?
Post Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:27 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Did youfinish the bandit quest? get the note, talk to fish guy and then to kardif

Post Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:17 am
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by jmurdock
Did you try to turn nagur in? After that talk to Kardif in the bar.

Yeah, I tried that, but couldn't seem to do it. When speaking with Andre, I have a dialogue option to collect the bounty on a criminal, or something like that, but when I initiate that option, my 'amnesia' suddenly returns and I can't remember anyone's name!
Post Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:49 am
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Did youfinish the bandit quest? get the note, talk to fish guy and then to kardif

Umn... there's too many bandits around town, I'm not sure which thugs you mean? Are you speaking of the ones in a cave out behind the barracks? While I was searching the forums I saw something about a "fish" quest but I can't seem to get it on my game yet. I killed the two loafers in the cave, and found, not just a regular fish, but a herring. I thought maybe this was the fish that has a note in it or something (just going off of info in the forum), and so I clicked on it in my inventory. I ATE IT!! Darn! And since our nameless hero never seems to find it necessary to poop, I guess I'll never see that note again!

Orrrr.......... maybe I'm totally off here and that little episode has nothing to do with the "fish thing".

By the way, if it helps you help me, -- I have talked with Andre and he wants me to find the thieves guild. Again I say however, no one in the game world is talking to me about it....
Post Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:00 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Regarding Nagur
You might have to reload then because I think I did the same thing once and if you turn the package to Beltram you lose the option to turn Nagur in. It seems I got that option only when I first took the quest. Then it said Nagur killed the messenger. But since you were nice to Rengaru but didn't finish Nagur, you may not be able to meet Atille to get the key, wether by invite or killing him. Have you tried talking to Kardif yet? He's the next step in any case.

Regarding Bandits
You have to get the bandits near Akil's farm. They have the fishy note you go to Halvor the fish guy with.

Post Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:01 am
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Too late for that.....

Thanks for the info jmurdock. I probably won't worry about it then because I did the Nagur quest bit a longgggggg time ago, and have saved over that slot many times. And I've tried talking to Kardiff but he has nothing left to say to me either. I suppose I'll just have to be a theif on the next go-around. Does this mean though that I'm not going to have any interaction with the thieves' guild at all? That sucks!
Post Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:11 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

No, if you do the Halvor part now, Kardif may talk to you and send you to Atille anyway. It seems you have to be good to all three to be invited in, but you only have to turn one in for Atille to come after your behind. So save before you make a deal with fish guy and talk to Kardif and then see what he says. If that doesn't work, try turning the fish guy in and talk to Kardif, one way or the other you should meet Atille and get the key (one way or the other. )

Post Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:01 am
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
No, if you do the Halvor part now,

Sorry jmurdock, I'm usually really good at knowing my way around a game world, but I'm still a little foggy on where these bandits are with the fish-note. Are they out behind Akil's place? I tried exploring over there along the cliff face, but ran into wargs or whatever there called (wolves on steriods) and I'm not yet strong enough to withstand them. Thanks again..
Post Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:03 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Did you ever find 2 rings near Akil's? One was prot 5 vs weap and the other +5 str. It's near there.
Ok, take the road to Akil, go up the steps, turn left. Head to the cliff wall. Follow wall to right and cave will be a little ways up, bandits inside second part.
If you follow that wall to the left, you find the rings. If you run into anything stronger than a blood fly or wolf you've gone too far. (Or you're in chapter 2 or later. )

Post Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:12 am
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Did you ever find 2 rings near Akil's? One was prot 5 vs weap and the other +5 str. It's near there.
Ok, take the road to Akil, go up the steps, turn left. Head to the cliff wall. Follow wall to right and cave will be a little ways up, bandits inside second part.
If you follow that wall to the left, you find the rings. If you run into anything stronger than a blood fly or wolf you've gone too far. (Or you're in chapter 2 or later. )

Great directions jmurdock; thanks again. I hadn't gone that way up to that point, but I found everything and got going on the fish thing now.
Post Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:19 am