Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Do all creatures respawn at the end of each chapter?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
hereticiv
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I just ask because I want to complete the Blood Chalice quest before going into the vally of mines but I need more experience. I'm still obviously in chapter one but I've killed every creature on the map (or so I think) and now I'm level 16. When I start chapter 2 and before I go to the vally of mines, will I be able to go and kill everything again? That would give me some hefty XP and make me a kick ass merc even before going to the vally. Also, can I get better merc armor before going to the vally, I only have light merc armor now. Thanx!
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:52 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Re: Do all creatures respawn at the end of each chapter?

quote:
Originally posted by hereticiv
I'm still obviously in chapter one but I've killed every creature on the map (or so I think) and now I'm level 16. !

damn man, arent you bored yet?
Im almost in chap 4 and not even 16 yet
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 1:56 pm
hereticiv
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I love finding new areas and killing new beasts, not to mention leveling up so I can kick anything's ass. In all of my exploring I found a ton of cools stuff, from the orc slayer to the Dragons Bane, to some temple with huge iron statues with 4 blue pillars of light and a chest in the middle (I'm thinking that it could be the eye of Innos). We'll see. Testing my abilities against new enimies and slaughtering all of the town guards as well as half of the upper quater is good fun
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:13 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

quote:
, to some temple with huge iron statues with 4 blue pillars of light and a chest in the middle (I'm thinking that it could be the eye of Innos). :

Once you leave chap 1 you'll see its not
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:25 pm
TheDarkside
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

So far up to chapter 3 and no respawns have occured.

You say you kill everything in chap 1 so it will be easier to fight things in next chapter? I don't see the logic behind that considering there's plenty of stuff in chapter 1 that should be extremely frustrating for you to kill (i.e. the trolls). The game has been carefully balanced so you will always have a decent challenge progressing in the normal fashion but now you will just find everything in the main quest too easy and if you're like me that means boring
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:44 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Do all creatures respawn at the end of each chapter?

quote:

Monsters do not respawn in the game. However, new monsters such as dark mages and additional wolves are added at the beginning of each chapter.

quote:
When I start chapter 2 and before I go to the vally of mines, will I be able to go and kill everything again?

Somewhat, yes. After you advance to chapter 2, a few wolves, field raiders, etc. will be added at the path to the Valley of Mines. However, if you kill some troll, don't expect that it'll respawn in the next chapters.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:53 pm
hereticiv
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Just as a test I tried to go into chapter two and as soon as I did I took the road back to Lee and sure enough there was a wolf in my path and further down the road more beasts, I konw they were not there before I went into chapter two, so maybe it is just a few animals that respawn but I don't know because I have to really checked it all out yet. Tonight after work I'll get the extra 4 strengh from the stew in the merc camp and then off to chapter two and hopefully more beasts to slaughter!
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:53 pm
TheDarkside
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Just as a test I tried to go into chapter two and as soon as I did I took the road back to Lee and sure enough there was a wolf in my path and further down the road more beasts, I konw they were not there before I went into chapter two, so maybe it is just a few animals that respawn but I don't know because I have to really checked it all out yet. Tonight after work I'll get the extra 4 strengh from the stew in the merc camp and then off to chapter two and hopefully more beasts to slaughter!

Yeah, like Kiwi said, those are critters added for new quests in chapter 2
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:55 pm
hereticiv
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Will the wonderful trolls or the black troll every respawn? I hope so, I remember in Gothic 1 that the trolls did respawn once, I think once at least. Remember the one way up the hill when you walked from the old camp to the new camp (he was surrounded by goblins), I know he came back. It gets kinda boring walking around without any danger. Perhaps there is a cheat to reset the monsters, that would be cool also.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:41 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Will the wonderful trolls or the black troll every respawn?

As far as I can remember, no.

quote:
Perhaps there is a cheat to reset the monsters, that would be cool also.

The item code for a troll is simply troll. For black troll, troll_black. For cave troll, troll_di.
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:46 pm
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

quote:
Im almost in chap 4 and not even 16 yet

Hey Sharpnel. What are you doing ????

I'm on the start of Chapter 3 and im level 15.

-=Captain of Militia of RPGDot Shadows=-
-=Leader of Mercenaries of Gothic Rogues=-
-=Proud member of NFG=-
-=Forever one soul of Seekers of Chromanin=-
Post Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:52 pm