Members
Usergroups
Alchemy Help Pls!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Akaz1976

Alchemy Help Pls!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me a good source for 2 regents each of the following 2 set of items and its location:

1. Comberry, D Heart, Frost Salt, Void Salt

2. Cork, C Weep, Emerald, Marsh, Resin, Saltrice, Wick

I am looking to acquire 100-200 of each

Akaz
Post Mon May 13, 2002 6:02 pm

sphinxlet

With all due respect, um, are you joking? As an alchemist, I'm a pretty avid collector (always on the lookout for new ingredients), and I don't have anywhere near 200 or anything. I suppose if I never made any potions and didn't do anything else, it might not take too long to collect 200 of some of those things -- cork root, wickwheat, saltrice -- but other items, such as Daedra heart, frost salt, emerald -- I think you're going to have to cheat if you want even 100 of those items.

Assuming you're serious, may I ask why you are looking for such huge quanities of these items?
Post Tue May 14, 2002 1:07 am

Merchants often have unlimited supplies of alchemy reagents: they have the same number in stock after you buy them out, close and re-open the barter screen. I think the question being asked if people know of a merchant who has 2 of these reagents in unlimited supply to train up Alchemy quickly.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 2:14 am

moondrago
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i have 200

hi i can tell you where some things are frost salt ,daedra's heart sells for 200 , and bloat are at nalcarya of white haven in balmora ....she has a good amount of items ....the rest of the things i find by using the travel mage in the mage guild and i just zip from one guild to anought ...i did find saltrice at one of them and it came in a 10 stack supply ...right now i have about 150 bloat ..got them for the fortify intellingence ....i know someone is selling emeralds also 2 at a time .....just take a quick run to all the other mage guilds using the travel mage ...it only cost 10 gold most of the time,im off to bed now but check back tommow i will have a list of where you can get all those items ....im getting low on money and i will be going to all of them tommow ...i will have a list for you by 3 pm my time ( im on the east coast ) check back then

good luck
Post Tue May 14, 2002 6:20 am
Ellusion

The merchant who does NOT have their warez up for display - you can see this when a merchant's items are all lying around the shop and the same items turn up in trade - it usually means they have a refreshing stock of them, like pretty much any of the alchemists.

The alchemist in Belmora, "Nalcarya" has all her components restocking (unless you steal any of them that is - steal one diamond of a shelf and she'll call the guards on you if you try to sell her ANY diamond ever again).

Besides getting an unlimited amount of ingredients, this is also a very good way to make money while training your mercantile skill. Buy as many as you can of one expensive component, while pushing down the price, then sell them all back driving the price up. I was able to clean out Nalcarya's 3000g rather quick this way without even having something to trade her originally (and all components you sell back to her will add to her restocking). Thus far for me, Nalcarya has 1600+ pieces of vampire dust (500g) and close to 2500 pearls =)

Beware though, once your mercantile skill hits the 30-40, you'll never ever be short of cash again and it kinda limits the game a bit as you'll stop dragging stuff around to sell.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 7:31 am

moondrago
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

here you go

here are all the inge you asked for, all are found in the mage guilds accept nalcarya of white haven ....all the numbers are in the order of amount in the stack ,and the price so if it says 1,1 or 5 ,100 it means one item , cost of 1 gold or 5 items , cost 100 each ....ok oh yeah the name first then the amount and then the price
balmora-nalcarya of white haven/ frost salts 5,75 / void salt 7,100 / daedra's heart 1,200 / marshmerrow 2,1 / resin 1,10 /

balmora-ajira /comberry 5,2/

caldera -ernand thierry /resin 1,10/ corkbuld root 6,5/comberry 1,2

vivec-cractia jullalian/ marshmerrow 1,1/resin 1,10/frost salt 5,75/corkbulb root 5,5/daedra's heart 1,200/emerald 2,150

ald-ruhn anarenen /comberry 10,2/resin 1,10

sadrith mora ,wolverine hall:mages guild -tusamireil corkbulb 10,5

saldrith mora,wolverine hall: imperial shine- scelian plebo saltrice 10,1/,marshmerrow 10,1/ emerald 2,150/corprus weeping 5,50/comberry 10,2

hope this helps any question if i didnt post something right just ask i check back here twice a day good luck
Post Tue May 14, 2002 6:11 pm