Members
Usergroups
Graphics card question.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
UltimoDragon

Graphics card question.

My system specs are: Anthlon 1.33 Ghz, 512mb RAM, and a GeForce 2 MX 200. I was wondering if the Geforce 3 Ti 200 would play the game smoothly and if the Geforce3 Ti 200's pixel shaders supported the water effects of MW.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 10:10 pm

Stiler
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

yes, any geforce 3 and 4 non MX version has the nice water and the raedon 8500 does as well, i use a geforce 3 ti200 and you can see what the water looks like

Post Mon May 13, 2002 10:16 pm

[quote] yes, any geforce 3 and 4 non MX version has the nice water and the raedon 8500 does as well, i use a geforce 3 ti200 and you can see what the water looks like
[/quote]

Great water effects. So how well does MW run on your GeForce3 Ti 200? What are your system specs? Do you experience slowdowns or choppiness? Is it worth the upgrade from a GeForce2 MX 200 to the GeForce3?
Post Mon May 13, 2002 10:42 pm

Zameir
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Get a Geforce 4 if you can afford it. I was running a TNT2, Athlon 1.4 and 1 gig of RAM and the game was very slow, average of 12 FPS in 640x480. Bought a Geforce 4 and nearly fell off my chair. Get average of 20FPS in big cities and in most dungeons or buildings have jumped as high as 100FPS, with an average of around 30-40. Plus the water is amazing, I just stared for hours at it.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 11:21 pm
evilbyte
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I do recommend that you go with a GeForce3 Ti 200 ... it will be much cheaper than a GF4 and will perform fairly well. And it is worth to upgrade from GF2 MX ... If you read any other posts discussing/complaining about graphic performance, you will notice that many GF4 owner's can't run the game with all options maxed out ... personally, I am waiting for the next generation card solely so that I can play Morrowind in all it's beauty >

Meanwhile, I have a 200 Ti ... it is overclocked to the max, and it performs fairly well. Shadows are completely turned off at the moment, but I'm still experimenting between viewing distance and some shadows to balance between beauty and performance. Pixel shading is on. Without shadows, the game runs smoothly, and it still looks amazing, though I did have to turn down viewing distance a little bid, as the game got slightly choppier in cities.

But if you have the $$, go for the best ... get yourself a top of the line GF4 >

ib.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 12:45 am

I'm running a Radeon 8500LE on an Athlon 800 and with the new drivers that came out the other day my fps shot up to 15-20 in cities...

Very solid cards
Post Tue May 14, 2002 1:07 am

evilbyte
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

or wait for the new Matrox card:

http://www.hothardware.com/hh_files/S&V/matroxparhelia512.shtml

ib.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 7:18 pm

For evilbyte

Your Jesus quote is a joke. Total ignorance. Jesus has nothing to do with molesting preists. Jesus said "why call me Lord, Lord, and do not the things I say". He said "let the children come to me for such is the Kingdom of Heaven". Jesus told religious people that "you are of your father the devil". So evilbyte, get you facts straight before you start making absurd comments. Remember, the devil comes as an angel of light. If you just change your quote to "The devil hates you, and his priests are molesting your children", you would have it right.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 12:36 am

Spawnster75

Hear Hear. hey evilbyte. pls don't quote slanderous stuff about Jesus and his priest. Jesus never never taught or approved what some priest are doing now. It's a sin in Jesus's eyes. so please go read a bible to figure it out.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 12:54 am

Cyntax

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
Post Wed May 15, 2002 1:27 am

evilbyte
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

little off topic here? I'm a goverment sponsored artist ... I got paid for this quote ...

but seriously ... Jesus? as in the character from that sci-fi novel Bible? I read it ... believe me, I have it figured out ... I'm having trouble figuring out which of the gods of this world to follow, because I can't decide which hell would be more interesting ... please ... this is not the place

ib.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 2:04 am
UltimoDragon

One more question Is the GeForce3 Ti 200 and GeForce3 Ti 500 from the same family? Meaning does the Ge3 Ti 500 have the same pixel shaders and dynamic T&L effects that the 200 does? I looked on the nvidia site and it portrayed the card as being better and faster than the 200, but does it still have the same technology as the Ti 200? Will the Ti 500 show the pixel-shaded water effects and the sweet sky?
Post Wed May 15, 2002 9:01 pm