Usergroups
Need some help toying with 'Marvin'...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Lord Rhoak
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm sure many of you have been toying around with the 'Marvin' cheats and console commands. I need a bit of help... (I'm warning you this thread is very jumbled up, I'm toggling between Gothic and this and I don't have much time, but if you do please try and help ^_^)

I figure it might be neat to create a human character to follow you around and figth you, sharing experience. So I poked around the console a bit and looked at the 'edit abilities' command. In there I saw many values, some quite obvious, some not so obvious. Such as AIVAR (meaning AI Variables?) I go in there and there are numbers labeled 1-23 with values on the right. I notice under AIVAR it also said (50) yet I only see 23. Is there a way to switch to the next page and see the remaining variables?

So I switch back to the hero and summon some skeletons quickly. Then I swap to a skeleton and the others quickly attack and kill the hero. That's understandable. But I think when I swapped to the skeleton his AI changed or something but I may not be sure. Anyways I pop in the edit variables command and take yet another peek. I see

WP = OM_PATH_1_5... But this may be cut off due to the window size. Any clue what this value means? When I spawn-in the 'llrounded_modell' his WP value is: SPAWN_OW_ME...cut off? Not sure exactly what this means either. ME clearly represents the hero, SPAWN possibly meaning he's a spawned in character, and OW? Second time this one showed up.

Then I take a look at ALL's AIVAR's and they're all set to 0.

Then I jump back to a skeleton and copy 1-23's AIVARs and try to enter them into ALL's AIVARs. Most of them I could do but numbers such as 1, 2, 3, and 4 did not seem to be enterable, they would put = after them, probably because they are part of other numbers such as 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, etc. Another thing, under the main 'edit abilities' page I can't seem to type EXP to modify the EXP value. Again since it's part of a larger value EXP_NEXT that seems reasonable but is there a way to edit the EXP value? I couldn't seem to enter the = sign.

Alrighty so now I'm stuck, I can't get this ALL char to act as a summoned skeleton/golem/demon/etc. I don't know why I'm even bothing I just thought it would be a neat thing to do and might open up other possiblities.

Has anyone tossed around the idea of a Gothic MOD?

Anyways, as always thanks for any help and I'm glad you've kept your sanity reading all this mess!

Lord Rhoak
Post Sat Feb 02, 2002 8:01 am
Ramza
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

my god.......WHY WOULD YOU WANT A HELPER??? THEY WOULD JUST GET IN UR WAY AND U would probably kill them nd if u didnt kill them they would just suck up ur experience..cos the comp cant fight well any way..then u hav to waste money on them and then blahblahblah...........the list continues,,,
Post Sat Feb 02, 2002 1:19 pm
RingWrath
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

gee ur a nice person ramza, marry me?

- Se7en
Post Sat Feb 02, 2002 3:00 pm

quote:

On 2002-02-02 02:01, Lord Rhoak wrote:
I'm sure many of you have been toying around with the 'Marvin' cheats and console commands. I need a bit of help... (I'm warning you this thread is very jumbled up, I'm toggling between Gothic and this and I don't have much time, but if you do please try and help ^_^)

I figure it might be neat to create a human character to follow you around and figth you, sharing experience. So I poked around the console a bit and looked at the 'edit abilities' command. In there I saw many values, some quite obvious, some not so obvious. Such as AIVAR (meaning AI Variables?) I go in there and there are numbers labeled 1-23 with values on the right. I notice under AIVAR it also said (50) yet I only see 23. Is there a way to switch to the next page and see the remaining variables?

So I switch back to the hero and summon some skeletons quickly. Then I swap to a skeleton and the others quickly attack and kill the hero. That's understandable. But I think when I swapped to the skeleton his AI changed or something but I may not be sure. Anyways I pop in the edit variables command and take yet another peek. I see

WP = OM_PATH_1_5... But this may be cut off due to the window size. Any clue what this value means? When I spawn-in the 'llrounded_modell' his WP value is: SPAWN_OW_ME...cut off? Not sure exactly what this means either. ME clearly represents the hero, SPAWN possibly meaning he's a spawned in character, and OW? Second time this one showed up.

Then I take a look at ALL's AIVAR's and they're all set to 0.

Then I jump back to a skeleton and copy 1-23's AIVARs and try to enter them into ALL's AIVARs. Most of them I could do but numbers such as 1, 2, 3, and 4 did not seem to be enterable, they would put = after them, probably because they are part of other numbers such as 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, etc. Another thing, under the main 'edit abilities' page I can't seem to type EXP to modify the EXP value. Again since it's part of a larger value EXP_NEXT that seems reasonable but is there a way to edit the EXP value? I couldn't seem to enter the = sign.

Alrighty so now I'm stuck, I can't get this ALL char to act as a summoned skeleton/golem/demon/etc. I don't know why I'm even bothing I just thought it would be a neat thing to do and might open up other possiblities.

Has anyone tossed around the idea of a Gothic MOD?

Anyways, as always thanks for any help and I'm glad you've kept your sanity reading all this mess!

Lord Rhoak

I don't find the way to open console for cheats
Can you explane me how ?(my version is 1.08j)
Thanks Alex
Post Sat Feb 02, 2002 4:45 pm

Lord Rhoak
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Certainly. Open up your skill sheet (page with guild/level/exp/stats) and type: marvin.

Then exit out of the screen and in the upper-left screen it will display "Marvin-Mode". Then there are a slew of options available to you. You can read all about it in the FAQ hosted on Gothic RPGdot.

But, to keep this short, pressing F2 will activate the console.

And regards to the rude comment by the other person (I'm not trying to be rude but I don't seem to remember your name... you can guess why) you clearly have no desire to experiment. I enjoyed the game immensely for what it was, but now I wish to toy around instead of unistalling it and placing it neatly back in it's box and have it collect dust.

So if anyone ELSE would care to comment regarding this and might offer some positive information, I will definitely listen attentively.

So until then I'm going to watch my DivX of Lord of the Rings...

Lord Rhoak

Open gates to darker lands
we spread our wings and fly away."
Post Sun Feb 03, 2002 9:18 am
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

quote:

So until then I'm going to watch my DivX of Lord of the Rings...

Lord Rhoak

I think my MPEG of it is fine.

There is a way to insert many NPC's (I saw a screenshot of Mud 20 times over) you could put in a couple Muds to act as bait and maybe a Dusty or two.

Mud: vlk_574_mud

[ This Message was edited by: sauron38 on 2002-02-05 18:41 ]

[ This Message was edited by: sauron38 on 2002-02-05 18:53 ]
Post Wed Feb 06, 2002 12:28 am

well, im not entirely sure about it but i guess you will have to utilize the mod kit.
Post Tue Feb 12, 2002 8:24 pm

if u REALLY wanna make a true helper friend (possibly multiple helpers as in Baldur's Gate) i suppose you could hack into the program and like insert a fellow, perhaps using mud as a guideline, and screw around llike that. now not being a hacker myself i don't know how one would go about doing that. i 'spose you could convert the code into a simpler form so as not to be confused. i'm prolly being more of a hindrance than a helper but if u got any ideas out of this lemme know how it works out.
Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 3:41 am