Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Why do some Ordinators want to eat my brains?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

Why do some Ordinators want to eat my brains?

Alright, after I raided the floating Ministry in Vivec to free Mihra Milo, killing legions of pseudo-Ordinators, real Ordinators started attacking me on sight. This was understandable; I was wearing their sacred Indoril armor, and one of them told me I had to die because of it. I figure, simple problem, simple solution - I ditched the Indoril and went back to my former Dreugh.

Now, some Ordinators decide to attack me on sight, hurling a ball of Drain Agility at me and smiting me with their 12000gp ebony maces. I used to not mind - I mean, a full suit of Indoril w/mace is worth ~40000gp. But it's starting to get irritating that whenever I go to Vivec and Molag Mar I need to put my dukes up instead of resting after the long journey. Other Ordinators are approachable, and have the same 15 rating they used to, and still call me scum.

Why are they after me? How can I remedy this problem? Will joining the Temple help any? I just want to get these goldenclad freaks off my back so I can get back to killing them when I want to, not when I have to.

Last thing: the strange armor bug I've been experiencing is back. Now, after a random amount of playtime, my Indoril (or Dreugh) armor all switches to Medium armor of low AC. Dunno what could be triggering it. Anyone had similar problems?

Bah, why won't the XBOX version release already so I can live free of weird bugs and killer Ordinators?

-Matt is frustrated au boutte.
Post Tue May 28, 2002 3:09 am
FireAnt
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

lol great topic name man but i'd say slaughter the lot of em or get more personality
Post Tue May 28, 2002 4:55 am
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Now, after a random amount of playtime, my Indoril (or Dreugh) armor all switches to Medium armor of low AC.

It's supposed to be medium armor in the first place. If you look in the editor under armor they are classified as medium, but the weight class is right on the edge of medium/heavy. Some people have speculated that there is a second armor check happening causing the game to be confused as to if it's heavy or medium.

To fix the problem before they patch it, lower all the armor weights by .1 to play as they intended until it's officially fixed by removing that second armor check.
Post Tue May 28, 2002 5:15 am
Darklord217

a fix for your problem

http://home.austin.rr.com/shakti/morrowind/shaktiplugins.htm

This page has a plug-in that can stop the ordinators from attacking you so often.

From the 217th Darklord of the Shadow People
Post Tue May 28, 2002 6:17 am

Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

Thanks all, esp. Llama; that's the first clear answer I've gotten regarding my funky armor. But it still blows that I have no halfway-useful armor now. As in nothing. And I'll be even more defenseless against the hordes of brain-hungry Ordinators.

Will I get Daedric soon? I'll be stuck with Imperial Steel for a while

-Matt
Post Tue May 28, 2002 11:51 am
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

Daedric is like top of the line heavy, so unless you go raiding Daedric Shrines you won't get too many pieces in the near future.

You can probably find some ebony armor though, and its armor rating it 2X your heavy armor skill. Dren's Plantation has a piece or two.

The suck part about heavy armor is it has unrealistic weight, so the developers had to put all the good ones late in the game when they felt you would have the strength to carry almost 600lbs of Daedric armor.
Post Tue May 28, 2002 12:46 pm
Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

I'll go raid Daedric Shrines and the Drel Plantation now

Er, I killed Orvas Drel, because he kind of caught me pilfering his ebony cuirass. He won't be important for anything, will he?

-Matt
Post Tue May 28, 2002 7:35 pm

hehe i hope not, i killed him to i liked his equip...but i tihnk that that somehow got me in the hlaalu house because i spoke to someone else dren ( at the big ebonhart castle) and he told me that i as now master of the house hlaalu but i don't remember joining its weird
Post Tue May 28, 2002 10:17 pm

Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

Hahahahahahahaha, man, that's freakin' sweet. I was wondering what a copy of the Yellow Book was doing on his desk; he's not a councillor for the House.

Anyway, in a brutal show of irony, the VERY NEXT QUEST I took netted me an Ebony Cuirass by more... orthodox methods. Oh well; I got ebony boots, a Daedric shield, a Daedric katana, and Daedric Greaves out of Sucka Dren's Plantation. Booyeah!

-Matt got his first Daedric items! *applause*
Post Wed May 29, 2002 3:21 am