Journal Managment Tips. (not a spoiler)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Bucksalot
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Journal Managment Tips. (not a spoiler)

For those of you who wish to manage your jounal to ease scanning for unfinished quests or add comments to it, this is for you. I have found after a round of Morrowind, if I open the Morrowind jounal from Windows Explorer, I can use Microsoft FrontPage to edit my jounal entries. I will add a big red "Finished" or add a comment on any subject I wish. This makes scanning the jounal in game that much easier to find unfinished quests or remember any ideas I had about any topic in game. I would suggest not removing any of the text or hyperlinks as they may be needed farther along the game or may cause any number of game problems. I also suggest backing up your jounal each time you edit it. I won't guaranty this will work or not affect the game as I am still early in testing of this, but have yet to have a problem. Do so at your own risk. Post your results here and let us know how you make out.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 4:10 pm
Wabbit

That's awesome.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 4:14 pm

Damian

journal

I tried this yesterday, and it has no effect on the ingame journal. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?
Post Mon May 13, 2002 4:38 pm

Bucksalot
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Oh darn. I went back into game and Damian was right the info was gone.
It was there when I played last night but isn't today. I will work on it and see if I can get it. I think it has something to do with game saves (auto, quick and new save) I will keep ya posted.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 5:01 pm
Sand

I read somewhere (a thread about moving save games to a new computer) that the journal is re-created from the save game files, so any changes you make won't be reflected whenever the game decides it's time to re-create the journal.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 5:31 pm