FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Got Umbra, and just for fun butchered Fighters Guild
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread

Got Umbra, and just for fun butchered Fighters Guild

Umbra is one tough fight. At level 13, with a deardic katana, armor rated at around 139 I still had to buff myself silly to survive.
BUT:
After I killed him I gained an entire set of Orc armor( oh well I wear Haevy) and the 2 handed blade--Umbra
This is an end game weapon, massive damage, fast, and soul trap as a charge on it.
So for fun I did a save game and them thought I might see what this puppy would do--So I attacked the head man at Aldruhn Fighters Guild( Percius Mercius) which naturally brought them all--and I cleaned their clocks with this weapon. One shotted 2 of them and never had to hit any other character more than 3 times, almost every hit was a knock down if it didnt kill em outright--damn--made my Daerdic katana look sick and I thought that was a damn nice blade( and it is)
I am impressed with this game LOL
Umbra is located NE of Suran, over the mountains--use a levitation spell and get to him fast--and be ready for a fight, but one you have to pick--he will not attack on sight.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 9:17 pm

I was level 5 when i tried. so i bought up all sorts of scrolls and a paralyze dagger. I summoned like 12 sekeltons fighters, and atatronoch, 5 scamps, and some bonewalkers. then i jutsmacked with my knife to freeze him adn let my monsters KICK HIS ASS!

it was freakin hellarious, when he came back i swumg my knife at him which did nothing at all, said target reistsed magic, then he went crazy, and knocked my ass down the hill with umbra, then he svaegly kicked my minions asses. then came blitzing down the hill at me as i attmpted to run. lol that fucker is NUTZ
Post Fri May 10, 2002 3:04 am

Cannibal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Where did you get that Katana?? Im level 20 and am still using a silver long sword
Post Fri May 10, 2002 12:30 pm
Thinker

Umbra

Hey everyone, I took Umbra on as a seventh level fighter/mage and killed him without taking any damage!!!! Ok so you are asking how could I do that. This is a real combat spoiler! Only works against non-magic using melee monsters who can't fly. You also need an unclimable rock or other object nearby. I am sure you have figured it out by now. I simply used a potion to levitate to the big rock to his left then beat the crap out of him with fireball spells. My guess is that this sort of situation is going to come up regularly in the game.

Wan't another spoiler? If you have a low sneak value and want to get that really good sword right in front of the guards eyes, first go invisible with a potion/scroll/spell and then sneak to the object and pick it up while still in the sneak mode. It seems they detect you at the last moment if you only go invisible
Post Fri May 10, 2002 7:28 pm

KPeh
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Re: Umbra

quote:
Originally posted by Thinker
Hey everyone, I took Umbra on as a seventh level fighter/mage and killed him without taking any damage!!!! Ok so you are asking how could I do that. This is a real combat spoiler! Only works against non-magic using melee monsters who can't fly. You also need an unclimable rock or other object nearby. I am sure you have figured it out by now. I simply used a potion to levitate to the big rock to his left then beat the crap out of him with fireball spells. My guess is that this sort of situation is going to come up regularly in the game.

I did that too. But at level 2 And ice is so much better than fire. Looks much better.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 8:46 pm

I got the Katana as a result of finding the Lost Dumer mine and selling the info to Bram Dero in St olms haunted manor. he will offer a selection of deadric weapons
Post Fri May 10, 2002 9:35 pm

Re: Got Umbra, and just for fun butchered Fighters Guild

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
Umbra is one tough fight. At level 13, with a deardic katana, armor rated at around 139 I still had to buff myself silly to survive.
BUT:
After I killed him I gained an entire set of Orc armor( oh well I wear Haevy) and the 2 handed blade--Umbra
This is an end game weapon, massive damage, fast, and soul trap as a charge on it.
So for fun I did a save game and them thought I might see what this puppy would do--So I attacked the head man at Aldruhn Fighters Guild( Percius Mercius) which naturally brought them all--and I cleaned their clocks with this weapon. One shotted 2 of them and never had to hit any other character more than 3 times, almost every hit was a knock down if it didnt kill em outright--damn--made my Daerdic katana look sick and I thought that was a damn nice blade( and it is)
I am impressed with this game LOL
Umbra is located NE of Suran, over the mountains--use a levitation spell and get to him fast--and be ready for a fight, but one you have to pick--he will not attack on sight.

One of the End game weapons right, its very nice, but is it better then for instance a dreadic dia-katana? that has a higher (max) dmg.

Is it better because its faster.. I have been very happy with the dia-katana so far.. havent been in Suran for a while, but I will look him up again if its "better" then I have...
Post Sat May 18, 2002 8:24 pm

Gold brand is better better damage and a 1 handed katana 10-50 chop and 10-30 fire, run get it!
Post Sat May 18, 2002 9:49 pm

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
Gold brand is better better damage and a 1 handed katana 10-50 chop and 10-30 fire, run get it!

Ohh, that does sound nice... now to find out where

can somone nudge me into the right direction (quest)
Post Sat May 18, 2002 11:02 pm

There's a daedric shrine on an island a little northwest of hla hoad, but in the water due west of this shrine is a wrecked daedric shrine, go there
Post Sun May 19, 2002 9:45 am