What to spend LPs on now?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
konny666
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

What to spend LPs on now?

I've got what seems to be an OVERpowerful character. Dunno, it just seems like most fights are easy. I took out the last dragon (for me was the stone dragon) by firing my crossbow point-blank at it and I incurred only half damage or less. Meanwhile I can take out a demon in record time by simply Magic-Arrow'ing it to death before you can say Salami. To top it off I havent spent any of the LPs i got the last 4 levels!

I'm in chapter 4.

So here's my char, plz suggest what I might want to spend these LPs on:

Paladin Level 29
LPs: 40

STR 70
DEX 85
Mana 45
HP 520

1H: 60%
2H: 30%
Bow: 35%
X-Bow: 60%

I exclusively use 1H swords (consecrated ore blade right now) and the Heavy Crossbow.

Note: Mana is actually 40, but I'm always wearing a +5 mana ring. I'm also always wearing the Eye of innos (for the armor bonuses) and a +10 DEX ring, which is included in above.

Also... when I replay the game, which class should I try, mercenary or fire mage? If I want more of a challenge than Paladin...
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:37 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Do not be afraid to spend them LP on early 'worthless' skills early on first new character. It will help the low level character to make money and take some satisfaction in being able to skin animal skill, pickpocket, etc.

There is more enough LP through game so why not enjoy the lesser skills earlier in game before it is ubermensche hero at chapter 6 game over. It is more satisfy to have these 40 points of misc skill at a low character level to use.

Pallidan are the most easy to play. Try mage.
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:07 am
konny666
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Well... what exactly are the useless skills? I got all 3 thief skills and skinning animals from bosper. I upgraded the "hunting" skill by 2 levels, i.e. learning 2 additional things. I was thinking of getting Alchemy but since I was running around with 100+ potions in my inv. before Chapter 2 started.... i didnt see the point.

Learning how to make runes would be cool but I assume thats for mages only...
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:23 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Palidin is way too easy to play. Play a mage and you will want to get alchemy to make the permenate elixar potions, which is about around 40LP (to learn the whole bit to reach that alchemy level to do it) plus rune making.

Hunting skills like dragon scales and dragon blood playing the Mercenary route. Mercenary can also use the extra alchemy potions since they do not get free magic runes like a Palidin.

I learned alchemy early to boost my stats since I spent normal killing animals and early quest LP on thief skills, alchemy made up for it and used the stolen money to pray at shrine to boost strength by 11 points.
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:46 am
kugraw
City Guard
City Guard

After learning alchemy you can make permament potions which increase dexterity, strength, mana level or hit points instead of using leaning points. You need 15 learning points do either learn all 3 basic health or mana potions and than after that you need 5 points for each permament potion. Even so the ingredients for the permament potions are quite rare it really pays off to learn alchemy especially if you concentrate on certain permament potions depending on you character class.

Kay
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:55 am
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I would also recommend learning alchemy for the permanent potions and depending on if you'd like to become a character for long range or for short range you should either increase Dex or Str. You can train Str to 110 if you have a Ring of the Orcish Warlord (-20Str while equipped), or you can learn Dex to 100 if you helped Diego during chapter 3. This will serve a purpose too, because Dex is added as dmg bonus to ranged weapon combat when scoring a critical hit and likewise there is the same relationship between Str and close combat.

As to which guild is harder than the Paladin. Ther Mercenary is a pure combat machine which usually forfeits any magic (unless you want to make him a scroll caster). The mage can be hard at the beginning (at least if you want to make a true mage with only the bare necessities in combat skills) but is the most powerful in the end.
Post Wed Jul 09, 2003 12:47 am