Walley of the mines, mines quest, how much ore
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Dalmata
Village Leader
Village Leader

Walley of the mines, mines quest, how much ore

I just passed through three mines and found one with Marcos and found Marcos as well, found second one and killed all creepers. Took the guy from the mine with me. We found the third mine and everybody was dead. Also the guy from the mine got himself killed.
Well I got back to the castle and spoke to the boss but nothing came up about the third mine. So my quest is not done yet.
Is there something I need to get from that mine from one of the dead or what?
This is pissing me off a little. Now I have to run again between the Orcs and stuff...
Heeeelp!
PS
What is better fine bastard sword or fine longsword? Both same hit but bastard more strength. What's the difference?
Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:08 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

If you found the mine with everyone dead, then you should have found Silvestro. His note says he sent the ore off to somewhere else. You need to find the somewhere else. Diego namely. He's in his old hideout from the first gothic. From Fajeth's mining site run to the left of the old watchtower. Cross the clearing you find, follow the cliff wall left til you see 2 dead paladins. That's the entrance to the hideout.

As far as Bilgot, it's best to clear everything out before picking him up. He's not real strong obviously.

The weapon which requires less strength to wield is generally considered better.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:38 am
Dalmata
Village Leader
Village Leader

Well for me it worked put good at the walley. I could kill some orcs and in the meantime i am chasing Pedro in chapter 3. Have found a strange cave with some sort of shrine with a chest for which I need special key. In the other tunnel a lot of those mine creeps. They killed me eventually so I stopped for the night. What is that place and where to get the key of that chest?
Location is when you get out of circle of light killing all seekers and then go down to the lake where is that hideout with trolls and then left along the lake shore between the rocks. It's hidden behind the bushes something like the treasure island cave.

The sword on top of the piramyd is the dragon slayer or something?
I did not find it yet but I've red a thread abt that.
Is that the best weapon in the game?
Last time I scared my ass off when I walked up to that pyramid with all monsters around it. I think now is the time to settle that account.
I'll be back tonight filthy creeps.
Post Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:57 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

You get that key only if you are mage, but don't worry about missing something. All there is in it is a blank rune. I'm not sure if the place has a name actually. It's where fire mage novices go on their test of fire.

The sword on top of pyramid is orc slayer and may be one of the best 1H weapons in the game. The best 2H that's not magical is dragon slicer.

Post Thu Feb 12, 2004 1:38 pm
Dalmata
Village Leader
Village Leader

I killed all the creeps around that pyramid except for fire lizzards.
How do I kill them?
The troll I managed to kill with summoning skeleton. It seems actually quite habdy to summon such a thing to do the dirty work. Are skeletons also attacking the good guys?
I got myself Orc Slicer.
However now I am quite good in 1H(495) but I saw an axe with 70/70 2H.
My 2H is only 25% is it better now to train 2H or to go on with 1H?
Also my Crossbow is now on 40% but when I was on 30% still I could not kill anything. With 1H it went OK at 30%. How comes and what can I do about it.
I thought it was handy to climb on a cliff and shoot off Fire Lizzards and that sort of creepy crawlers.
Post Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:39 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Fire lizards.. as quickly as possible No, really I just kill them with sword. Had an easier time of it in the better armor of course. If you can interupt their breath you are ok.

The more destructive weapons are two handers for the most part. You'll want to go up to the next level with 2H anyway, so it takes not as long to train your 1H skills again.

About the xbow, I'm not sure. Some creatures require a critical hit befor does damage. If you're talking at a great distance, they work better closer.

Post Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:17 pm
Edda
Village Leader
Village Leader

You can get rid of the fire lizards very quickly with ice-arrows and ice-block, but with a sword it is much more fun.
Post Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:03 pm
Dalmata
Village Leader
Village Leader

Well that could be more fun but they just burn my ass every time I try.
However I am now 30% crossbow so I climbed the pYramid and went down to the second level of it and just shot them off. Quite a fun as well to be honest.
Now I found the Eye of Innos and went to the priest in the city and he asked me to get Csardas and the other guy from the monastery to help him with reparation. They do not wish to cooperate. They both want proof of the others loayalty.
- Where can I get proof for both of these guys?
- What is the way to kill the Black and other trolls? I shoot arrows but it aint work.
- Also how can I kill stone and magic Gollem? Same as with trolls.
- What is the strongest 2Hweapon to be found in the game and where can it be found?
Post Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:26 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

First, you should have gotten a key from Xardas for a chest on Sekob's farm. There's a book in the chest you must bring to Pyrokar, then he will go to the circle of the sun. I would suggest you free Bennett first and get him to fix the eye. You never said what guild you were, but you can become a paladin after this if you are militia or a dragon hunter if you are a mercenary. Then once you have better armor, go back to Xardas and he will go to the circle of the sun.

The trolls can be killed with swords if you are strong enough and fast enough you supposed tobe able to get behind it and hit. Just be like a goblin

The magic golem can anly be killed with the sacred hammer down in the monastery basement. Put the novice to sleep and take it.

The best nonmagical 2H is dragon slicer, other than that the consecrated sword or the dragon slayer. The dragon slicer is located off the path from Grimbold to the circle of the sun on the right. Beware of skeletons and shadow warriors.

Post Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:42 pm
Dalmata
Village Leader
Village Leader

I have killed 2 trolls south of Onar's farm. I atracted their attention and then ran to the guy sawing wood overthere. All other farmers came as well. So trolls were bussy with them and I could kill them off. Just needed to be vry swift as otherways farmers would kill them and then no experience for me.
I also becam a Paladin now. Cool.
Now I go to Onar's farm to fix The Eye Of Innos.
Who is Grimbold and where is he? Is that the tramp?
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:15 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Grimbold is the hunter near the black troll not too far from the stone arch where 2 tramps were standing on your way to the circle of the sun.

Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:22 pm
Dalmata
Village Leader
Village Leader

Thanks for the tip on Grimbold.
Something strange is going on. This smith Bennet is out of prison, I went to Xsardas and to the priest and they both agreed to go to the circle of the sun.
Anyhow I do not have The Eye of innos in my inventory anymore but I do not remember whether Csardas took it or something else happened with it. I only got some amulet from the Bennet, but that does not look like The Eye of Innos. Bennet also did not mention any reparation when I spoke to him after release from prison. Also at the forst lace I did not take the eye from the circle of the sun after killing Seekers, but everybody spoke to me as if I had it on me. I only took it later when I was checking on the old priest and went back to the circle.
Did Bennet take the eye in the prison or something? Did Csardas take it? What is going on? Is there some bug or what?

Now I went to pick up Diego's bag in order to get some money to consecrate the sword I got for myself, a rough two hander.
Is there any Fine magic ore two hander to be found? Would like to know before I consecrate this one and spend 5.000 gold for prayer.

However I managed to kill two skeletons in the forest behind the light tower by climbing the hill and shooting at them with my crossbow. One way or the other they could not manage to climb the hill. Only I needed a lot of bolts to finish them off.
Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:52 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Yeah, skelly's are a pain

Bennett probably has your amulet. I've had it happen rarely a quest is done even though you miss the interaction. It happened with Halvor. He gave me his funny fish even though I didn't tell him so. Anyway, check with Bennett the next game day and he may have it and fixed it for you.

There's no fine ore sword. Don't worry, the one you bought from the blacksmith will be fine.

Just remember to have enough gold for Diego so you can finish his quest.

Post Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:11 am
bigkerry
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Help Please

I still cant find Diego even with the instructions included. Could you please explain more precisly which old watchtower? what direction is it from Fajeths mining site. Is it towards the huge tower that has the demon in it with the 65/65 sword? or one of the 2 smaller one that are right next to the Fajeths camp? thanks alot.
Post Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:14 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Stand next to Fajeth. Look out of the fence opening. That watchtower you can see from the fence. That's the one with the king snapper if you talk to Bilgot. Pass to the left of that watchtower, yeah one of the smaller towers. Cross the clearing you come to and follow the wall you reach to the left. When you see a really big lone tree look for the dead paladins not to far from the wall. There should be some wolves munching on them. The cut into Diego's hideout should be to your right at that point.

Post Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:27 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next