Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Chest isn't pickable, and I find no one with the key?HELP!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
dhughes_
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Chest isn't pickable, and I find no one with the key?HELP!

Since I have no idea of the name of the place I'm at... I can only tell you all, that it is just East of where you find the Black Troll...across a bridge.. and into a thick jungle area (that is like a crater) and at the opposite end of where you come into this area, behind the foliage, is a cave... inside, eventually you find some kind of ?Altar?... with blue lights shining, down from ceiling to floor... in the center, is a chest that you cannot pick, and yet I found no one with a key, nor did I find a key in that area~

Anyone know what this place is or where I find the key to this chest?

Thanks much..
dhughes
Post Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:38 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

It is for a mage only quest.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:47 pm
wacko3
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by Uriziel
It is for a mage only quest.

yup as well as the chest in the cave under the bridge onm your way to the tavern
Post Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:13 pm
dhughes_
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the info guys~

... so, am I to assume that anytime I find a chest (or door?) in this game, if it isn't meant for me to do... I just won't be able to open them? In otherwords, how do I know the reason I can't get into something is because I'm not playing the correct character for that? As opposed to maybe just not having the skill required to open something?

I love the game (never played the original, and just started this one last week)... so, does anyone know if there's a map of where things are availabe for download somewhere?

thanks so much for your help~
dhughes
Post Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:35 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Thanks for the info guys~

quote:
Originally posted by dhughes_
... so, am I to assume that anytime I find a chest (or door?) in this game, if it isn't meant for me to do... I just won't be able to open them? In otherwords, how do I know the reason I can't get into something is because I'm not playing the correct character for that? As opposed to maybe just not having the skill required to open something?

1. If you encounter a chest that *requires* a key and cannot be lockpicked , your character will say "I can't open this without the right key". Its up
to you to find the specific key.

2. If a chest CAN be lockpicked and you don't have the lockpicking skill, your character will say: "I know nothing about picking locks".

3. Otherwise, you will either enter the lockpicking sequence OR the chest will open.

Don't worry too much about not being the right "class" to open certain chests. There are only 2 such chests in the entire game and you just found one of them.

And even if you were able to get the chest open, the contents wouldn't benefit the class it wasn't meant for anyway.
Post Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:17 am
dhughes_
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks again~

That all makes sense... figures that I'd run into one of only two chests so soon~ ha ha

Well, going back to the game... and won't sweat it now, if I find another chest that won't let me in!

Thanks,
dhughes
Post Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:19 pm
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Yeah, the contents of the chest are quite insignificant. One item that lasts one usage.
Post Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:31 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Re: Thanks for the info guys~

[quote="dhughesI love the game (never played the original, and just started this one last week)... so, does anyone know if there's a map of where things are availabe for download somewhere?
[/quote]

Of course I can give you a link to a very extensive G2 database with all the spoilers you can imagine, but you can better go the the harbour quarter. There's a map-maker. He can sell you a map of Khorinis (city map) and a map of the Lands around Khorinis. In later chapters he will have more maps for sale.
(You can also steal his map from the chest in his house )
Post Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:49 am
dhughes_
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks, but....

I did purchase and or find the maps (ingame) for both the city and surrounding areas... what I meant by getting maps (online) is that I want one I can print out and maybe even one that has the places already marked on it!? I have trouble remember where things are out in the world, and that would help me so much.

So, if you know or have a link that has something like this... I'd really appreciate it~

Thanks again,
dhughes
Post Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:56 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

English Gothic 2 database (not everything is translated)
German Gothic 2 database
German NotR database
Post Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:27 pm
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

The major location maps will be given to you at some point in the game, you don't need to print it out. A better, and far more fun, alternitive is to buy a map, then explore on your own. You'll quickly learn where everything is.

Note: Be careful of a certain cave that is really close to the bandit village near the farm. It should be the northern most point on the map. I went in there as a mercenary and I am still terrified of the place.
Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:47 am
dhughes_
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks SEM!

Those sites have great maps! ;0) Even if some of it isn't in English, I can print out the plain one (without info) and then print it out and have it to make notes on as to where I've found things and people.

To Dunmir King~

You misread my post... I already have the ingame maps, and wanted a printable map so that I can have one to make notes on~ I have been exploring on my own, and yet I lose track of where things are, because the option to make notes on the ingame map isn't available, thus my request for a map to download, so that I can keep track on my own.

Thanks for trying to help~
dhughes
Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:48 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Did you guys not know that worldofgothic.com is now fully in English.

You can see all those maps fully translated if you go to www.worldofgothic.com
and enter the "Gothic II" zone.
Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:05 pm
Dunmer King
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Ah, sorry bout' that. Taking notes is something entirely different.
But I still suggest checking out some of the places in Khorinis, some are really spooky.
Post Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:30 am
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I played the game three times and i found a place that i have never been in. It was in the woods behind Akil's farm. One spooky graveyard. The reason i never went there was that there was a elite orc with wargs and 2 warriors.
Post Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:43 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next