Questions concerning assassin/thief class
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
charliebk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Questions concerning assassin/thief class

Just had a couple of questions for people who have played the assassin/thief class. Thanks.

1) Can you sneak and critical hit with long blade? What about a bow? I'm a dark elf assassin that opted for long blade and marksman only, NOT short blade. Will this be a problem?

2) If I join the thief's guild and fighter's guild, can I still join the assassin's guild later without a problem?

3) Is it easy to join the assassin's guild?

4) Any additional useful hints for this class?
Post Mon May 06, 2002 2:48 am

You can only join one giuld.

Critical hit works with melle only, meaning any thing you swing, but no magic or bows

Joining a giuld is not difficult, but lets say it requires devotion.

Acrobatics man, it lets you leap rooves and jump around and all over tough fighters. Go to fort moonmoth and do the quest for a legionaire commander, you get a nice thieving item.

Get a paralyzation weapon off the fighters giuld in ballmora

Get glass weapons and armor
Post Tue May 07, 2002 1:26 am

MrWinkey

you can join more than one guild though..
Post Tue May 07, 2002 1:29 am

Beo
Space Defender
Space Defender

1. Shortblade has critial hit of 4x damage when you do backstab. None of the other weapons give you that kind of bonus.

2. Yes, you can join more than one guild.
*spoiler* You may want to join one of the guilds and do 1-2 quests first, then join another one. Some of the quests can be tricky if you have multiple memberships.

3. Probably some other assassins can answer you.

4. Sneak is your friend.

[/quote]
Post Tue May 07, 2002 2:16 am

Actually all the weapons give you the 4x bonus, if your not managing to pull it off its probably because your sneak is not high enough to get in close enough for the strike without being seen.

The bow seems to have crit strike too from my testing. I've one shot killed blighted cliff racers and guars and few other things when sneaking and firing the bow and when not sneaking it takes 3-4 shots to kill the same exact thing. I do not get the Critical message but the bow is quite obviously doing 4x damage. Not sure if its a bug or intended feature though.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 10:57 am

mDrop
High Emperor
High Emperor

Where in fighter's guild can you find that paralyzing weapon? Or do you get it from a quest? Haven't had much time to scout the guild buildings, been too busy breaking and entering into every single shop and noble home
Post Tue May 07, 2002 11:53 am

good question
Post Wed May 22, 2002 4:03 am

there is a black guy at the ground floor (just behind the entrance) that sells some weapons and armor, eg. paralyzation short blade (cool thing for beginners) and other nice stuff

GooRoo
Post Wed May 22, 2002 6:46 am