Problem on Fighters Guild quest
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Lucas195
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Problem on Fighters Guild quest

Well in short, I belong to the Thieves guild, the Fighters Guild, and the Blades. Basicallyi t hink i screwed my character up with that. Anyways, my problem is that the Fighters FGuild master in Balmora asked me to get a codebook from this thieves guild lady. I go to her and she wont give it to me. How do i get it? And, how do i break off from guilds? Thanks forthe help
-Lucas
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 5:52 am
Doomisnear
Village Leader
Village Leader

I play an Argonian and since I play one pretty well everyone dislikes me. So what I had to do was kill her, which causes a ruckus in the whole place. Unless you can persuade her to give the code book you'll have to take her out. If you can take a divine intervention scroll with you and use it right after you quickly kill her and take the code book. You'll have to pay for killing her by giving gold to the guards, but it will solve the problem of the thief girl with the code book who won't give it up.
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 6:00 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

You can try to bribe her, but I think it will not work. So here it is - you can not reach high ranks in Thieves and in Fighters guild in one time. Here is how I will do it - I will do as many quests for thieves as I want to and then I will get this book also with use of violence (they will fire me out of thieves guild).
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 6:02 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by Doomisnear
I play an Argonian and since I play one pretty well everyone dislikes me. So what I had to do was kill her, which causes a ruckus in the whole place. Unless you can persuade her to give the code book you'll have to take her out. If you can take a divine intervention scroll with you and use it right after you quickly kill her and take the code book. You'll have to pay for killing her by giving gold to the guards, but it will solve the problem of the thief girl with the code book who won't give it up.

Yes, just do not kill all people there (they will attack you after you will attack her). If you will do it, you will not be able to pay because you will earn death sentence.
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 6:03 am
His Master's Voice
Village Leader
Village Leader

i found no problem in admiring her till she gave it to me. you only need to get her respect for you to about 70+. if you're having problems, then a great way to level up your speechcraft is to admire the merchant at the razor hole in balmora. i leveled up about 10 levels in about half an hour with that guy
Post Mon Jun 10, 2002 1:56 pm
theohall

Have you tried working to increase your sneak and security skills then stealing it from her.

If your security skill is high enough and you have a good Chameleon spell (via enchanted item, scroll, actual spell or whatever), use the spell then try stealing it from her.

As long as your security skill is high enough and you manage to stay "hidden", you should be able to steal the book.

This allows you to continue both sets of quests for a LONG time.

Someone mentioned awhile back that if you are a member of the Fighters Guild, she won't offer you the book even if you do increase your rep with her.
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 8:29 pm

theohall

oops...that last sentence should read "Thieves Guild", not "Fighters Guild"
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 8:31 pm

working man

I simply bribed her with 300 gold and got over with it. Might be expensive but it did keep things flowing...
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:07 am

Joey Nipps
Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

quote:
Originally posted by Danicek
You can try to bribe her, but I think it will not work. So here it is - you can not reach high ranks in Thieves and in Fighters guild in one time. Here is how I will do it - I will do as many quests for thieves as I want to and then I will get this book also with use of violence (they will fire me out of thieves guild).

Wrong. I am master of Thieves guild and one step away from top rung of Fighter's guild. It is trivial. All you have to do to get the code book (the only way other than killing her) is to bribe her until she likes you enough (this is true of every NPC in the game) then she will simply give you the code book.
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 11:45 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by His Master's Voice
i found no problem in admiring her till she gave it to me. you only need to get her respect for you to about 70+.

Hmm... I get her to respect value 100 and she still didnt give me that book.
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 12:04 pm
His Master's Voice
Village Leader
Village Leader

well i did this quest early on so the only factions i belonged to was fighters guild, and blades. so i guess being in the thieves guild is a factor here.
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 1:55 pm
Joey Nipps
Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

quote:
Originally posted by His Master's Voice
well i did this quest early on so the only factions i belonged to was fighters guild, and blades. so i guess being in the thieves guild is a factor here.

I don't think so - here is why. My first character was a member of the Fighter's Guild and the Blades - I bribed her and she gave me the book.

My second character was a member of Thieve's Guild and the Blades and THEN joined the Fighter's guild - I bribed her and she gave me the book.

So it doesn't seem to matter whether one is a member of the Thieve's guild at the time of the quest or not - at least it didn't for me.
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 2:02 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Danicek: You can kill the bitch, and take the codes. Then quickly leave without beeing seen by other thief guild members (She stands in the entrance, so it's easy). Give the codebook to the fighter guild. Go back to the Thiefs guild, Pay the retribution (ca. 1000g) to make them forget the episode and rejoin the thiefs guild from the level you were kicked out, and final ask their man (Don't remember the name) to remove the price on your head, before the guards catch you.
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 12:39 pm
Joey Nipps
Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

quote:
Originally posted by Michael C
Danicek: You can kill the bitch, and take the codes. Then quickly leave without beeing seen by other thief guild members (She stands in the entrance, so it's easy). Give the codebook to the fighter guild. Go back to the Thiefs guild, Pay the retribution (ca. 1000g) to make them forget the episode and rejoin the thiefs guild from the level you were kicked out, and final ask their man (Don't remember the name) to remove the price on your head, before the guards catch you.

And for those who are following the other threads I have been posting - this is precisely what I mean by there are NO real consequences of your actions. Yes, it is true - there are consequences - that is, you must pay a fine. But come on - this is depth of storytelling? This is sensible? In fact, this is lousy storytelling and lousy roleplay options.
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 1:29 pm
His Master's Voice
Village Leader
Village Leader

no. there are real consequences, but there are just as many, if not more, ways to avoid these consequences, thats all.
Post Sat Jun 15, 2002 11:05 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next