Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Problems with Joining all the Guilds and Houses?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

Problems with Joining all the Guilds and Houses?

I looked and didn't see anyone esle post a topic like this...so if someone did...I apologize.

Anyways, Is there a problem with just joining everything that you can and only getting high status in the ones that you choose. I know later on I will have to kill other guild members and stuff like that but before hand, just for favor and stuff...join all of them. I want to get high in the mage, thief, assasins and Haalu house...is this a problem?
Post Mon May 13, 2002 2:02 pm
dagoo7

I don't think there is any problem with the list you referenced. The only guild I have'nt been able to join is the thieves guild, although I qualify. I am however a member of the fighters, mage, Redoran, Legion, and Cult. Maybe you can only join two of the three basic guilds (fighter, mage, thief) or perhaps Redoran conflicts with thief. You can definitely only pick one house. The only other factions which I strongly beleive are incompatible are CUlt and Temple. i would like to hear other's experiences.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 2:23 pm

Factions/Houses

Semi-spoiler alert. Nothing too bad, it's a rather vague spoiler, but if you're scared to death of any type of spoiler, don't read any further.

Alright, you won't have any problems joining the thieves' guild, the Morag Tong (assassin's guild), and the Mages' Guild. You should still be able to rise through each guild's ranking system to the fullest extent. However, if you toss Hlaalu in there, things get rather messy later on. I suppose you could join the mage's guild and House Hlaalu, but not the thieves' guild or the Morag Tong. Hope this helps.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 2:26 pm

freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

I was looking at the preverred skills for house Hlaalu and they seemed to be all stealth types skills, so how can joining them if I am in the field going to hurt me?

Well I am making a new guy because I screwed up my last one (sucks to because I got a full plate of glass armor) and I want him to be primary stealth with some magic like a nightblade but more stealth then magic if you get my idea...that is why I am going to be doing thieves, mage and assasins...if I don't join Hlaalu then what would be the best house for me...All I want is the stronghold...I am going to end up killing every house member of every house and guild later on when I am super anyways so I don't care about that....
Post Mon May 13, 2002 2:57 pm
Cannibal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You can get a full set of glass armor in Ghostgate
Post Mon May 13, 2002 6:46 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

I got my full set of glass probably alot harder. Without giving anything away...I had to pretty much build myself a massive bounty trying to get this stuff so you could guess what I had to do. I wanted my armor before I got into ghost gate.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 7:10 pm