I Need Help Killing the Beast!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Gargamel O' Derth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I Need Help Killing the Beast!

OK. I have read and reread all the posts/walthrus on killing the Black Beast in the Dwarven mines. I have reloaded so many times that I know down to the second how long it will take to load my saved game.

I have tried the tip of running to the room, pulling the lever and waiting for the beast to show up (he doesn't for me) and when I go out to lure him in, it's like he's on steroids and moves a heck of a lot faster then me and I'm unable to slip around him before I'm toast.

I have tried running around the "Smasher Room" looking for the machine to put the Power Supply in but have yet to find it. Would someone be so kind as to send me a pic or exact directions on which machine I'm supposed to be looking for and where to stick the Power Supply at? Is it a "F" (use) key function or just a Left Click and use cursor on machine thing?... Any help would be appreciated!
Post Sat Jan 11, 2003 12:50 am
randy3099
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

black beast is immortal

im not there yet, but doesnt it say in the walkthrough that you cant kill that thing?
Post Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:11 am
Gargamel O' Derth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes and No. Walkthru says it can't be killed with any weapon you have, but you can use the Stamping Machine (after it's been turned on with Power Supply) to knock it unconsious or stun it long enough to goto next room, flip lever (that allows other lever in Stamping Room to work), run back and flip lever in Stamping Room ( that open grate over lava pit), jump over pit, see Beast, run back and jump over pit again and watch Beast fall into pit and die.
Post Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:49 am
Gargamel O' Derth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Bump..

Still looking for help on this one... I've moved on to Divine Divinity while I'm waiting for some guidance on this damn beast! Hate to leave a game unfinished tho!
Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 11:07 am
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

OK, we'll do it the long way. This is assuming you already have a power source and the dwarf meat. When you first enter the smasher room run straight to the back of the room and climb the ladder so the beast can not get you. Once on the platform go to the corner with the machine-thing you can jump ontop of. Jump down there. The beast can not get you here either. From here, the place where you put the power source is straight ahead when running parallel with the wall in the direction of the door. To put them in you "use" them just like you use everything else where it gives you the round gold icon. Run down there, put in the power source, and run back up the ladder. Whew. Timing is important to avoid death. Save when you make it.

Now do this again, except for this time you have to drop some dwarf meat under the smasher. You have to place it just right, but be fast enough to evade attack. Run back up the ladder. Go all the way around the room to the other side of the platform to the switch. Wait on the beast to eat the meat. It may take a while, mine did. Smash him good. Save.

Now he is knocked out. Go in that other room and flip that lever that activates the lava grate power. Return to the smasher room. This is how the game progressed for me. He was still under the smasher out cold. I opened the lava grate, and he sank through the floor. Dead? Close that grate. I walk away and soon I run into the black beast again. His cousin? Nah. Run back to the lever at the lava grate. When he gets on the grate let him drop and burn .

Now explore around and find all the stuff without having to worry about attacks.
Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 3:06 pm
Gargamel O' Derth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thank you! Worked like a charm, can't believe I missed that opening! DOH!
Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:12 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

That double beast thing is weird... I think the smarsher should have killed him...
Post Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:16 pm