Usergroups
newbie question..
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Okay, I posted here a long time ago, when I was playing through the demo, and fell in love with the game..I got the game for Christmas (The Sleeper must have been with me.. ) and have been playing it as much as possible..

I have to know, how the hell do I join a camp?? I can't impress Diego enough..I've done about 5 of the quests .. (Nek, The Chef's recipe, even got the Sect recipe for Dexter, and some others) .. I've been trained in lockpicking and pickpockets (level 1 of each) and Fingers still won't tell diego I'm good..

I've been to the other two camps..the Sect camp is okay, but I've only been able to get a vote from one of the gurus..the one by the front gate..The new camp is crazy..every time I go out now the guy with the water distributor Job (Lefty??) tries to kill me because I haven't passed out water that day..

So my question is, how the hell do I finally impress people enough to join up?? I got Mordrag to leave the OC, but he only went back to the New Camp..does that count as fulfilling Thorus' quest?

Also, where can I find a good weapon/armor? I have a spiked something or other (damage 25) and the Novice's Loincloth from the sect..15 wpn/10 fire I think..

Is there a way to knock out the guy in the arena? I seem to remember reading somewhere about hitting a guy in the back and recording the victory, but can't seem to get it right..

One last question (and please don't flame the post..truly newbie to the full version.. )How the heck do you kill shadowbeasts?? I tried, and only got my ass kicked..I hit the thing 3 or 4 times, but never did ANY damage..

Any/all help or advice is appreciated..

Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 6:09 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Wow there, buddy

you are everything but a newbie man , believe me..i don't have as much skills as you do and i haven't completed that much quests...and where are the shadow beasts? i think i don't know em.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 6:20 pm
Thief_3_Wannabe
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

For the old camp have you stolen Cor C's scroll for making a healing potion? Thats one. And there's a Shadow who wants you to steal a blade, thats another. Course if you keep the money he paid you it still impresses Diego. Yes when you chase out Mordrag thats enough to impress Thorus (I think thats his name) you just have to talk to him again after you've done it. Im pretty sure you just have to do one more to convience Diego.

I wouldnt suggest taking on a Shadow Beast untill your more later into the game. Thiers a few creative ways to take them out but I dare not say em.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 6:28 pm

You can get a good Axe (29 damage I think) if you get into the chests in the Swamp Camp's blacksmith area.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 6:44 pm

Max Killen
Exalted Potentate
Exalted Potentate

quote:

On 2001-12-30 12:09, iplaygames2 wrote:

1. I have to know, how the hell do I join a camp?? I can't impress Diego enough..I've done about 5 of the quests ..
2. The new camp is crazy..every time I go out now the guy with the water distributor Job (Lefty??) tries to kill me because I haven't passed out water that day..
3. Is there a way to knock out the guy in the arena? I seem to remember reading somewhere about hitting a guy in the back and recording the victory, but can't seem to get it right..

Any/all help or advice is appreciated..

1. Look at your log. Diego gave you a "Test" to complete.
2. Kick his ass.
3. Yes, if your better and stronger than him
Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 7:28 pm
Chewriter
Village Leader
Village Leader

Ok.... I'll try my best to answer your questions. First, stay away from shadowbeasts until you're much more experienced and have better armor and skills.
Sect Camp: You have the Guru at the front gate already. Behind the Smithy in the sect camp is another Guru (preaching to novices), if you walk up to him he'll start preaching to you. He'll tell you that to prove yourself you must recruit someone. That someone is Dusty in the OC. Melvin is in the Sect camp already, talk to him. Then return to the old camp and talk to dusty (To finish this quest you must accompany dusty back to the sect camp, ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE GURU THAT SENT YOU)

Near the swamp in the sect camp find a novice GHORIM. If you do his favor, the Guru watching over him will talk to you and give you a quest (That makes three Gurus).

Under the platform where Cor Angar trains templars is another Guru preaching to novices. Use the sleeper spell on one of his students and he will be impressed enough to support you. That's 4 Gurus and now you can join.

Old Camp: You do not have to win your fight in the arena to impress Scally, just be sure that you challenge the New Camp fighter, and remember to put your ore in your chest before you challenge him, because after he knocks you out, he'll clean you out.

The old mine test of faith is important.

Thorus will be ok that you didn't kill Mordrag, though that's what he'd prefer.

Whistler wants a sword (That's an easy one)

Sly wants you to find Nek (That's an easy one)

I don't think you need Fingers to make it into the old camp. With Scally, Sly, Thorus, Whistler and Diego happy, you're good to go.

New Camp:
Even though Lefty wants you to distribute water, if you don't walk up the path that passes right by him (climb up through the rice fields), you can come and go as you please without being seen. Don't forget to talk to Horatio, then the guy brewing the Schnapps in the bar. This'll give you +5 strength (you'll see how)

Bring Ian's list to Lares (The list was Diego's quest from the O.C.)

Relieve Baal Isidro of his weed (He's in the new camp bar) and either sell it, or just give Lares 400 ore after you've talked to Isidro. These things and the ring should be sufficient.

Hope this helps... I have been up for 32 hours at this point so if something doesn't make sense, like all of it, you'll have to forgive me.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 7:48 pm
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Wow, thanks for all the replies guys! I guess I should have listed all I've done for the OC..

1. Nek
2. Whistler's Sword
3. The healing recipe from Cor Chalon
4. Trained level 1 pick and lockpick
5. Chef's recipe
6. (soon) will talk to thorus abt Mordrag

Hopefully that will be sufficient..

Again, thanks for the info on the other camps!!

Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 7:55 pm
Username
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The sheff's recipe doesnt matter
Post Mon Dec 31, 2001 3:05 am