How to Get Free Snapper Armor
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

How to Get Free Snapper Armor

This is a little trick which should be useful near the beginning of the game. Maybe it's obvious, I don't know, but I thought I'd share it. Also, I've only done this in the demo, so it may not work in the full game.

Note: Lockpicks and lockpicking skill required.

There is a cabinet against the wall near Thorben. Climb onto it from in front, left (I think) of center. You will be catapulted onto the roof of the building in front of you. (If you're not, try the other side.) Run along the apex of the roof and jump across the street to the roof of the shop. It might take a few tries, so save before you attempt it. You must jump at the very edge or you won't make it.

Once you're on the second roof, run over to the back left corner, near the city wall and the lower subcity. From here you should be able to drop down into the yard where the chests are. Pick the locks. One contains Snapper Armor. Once you get it, you can just leave through the arch in the front. The guard may warn you but shouldn't attack.

That's it. I'm not sure if this counts as theft in the game.

EDIT: It definitely works in the full version, and does not seem to count as theft.

Last edited by Lysander on Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:31 pm
Scribbles
Unsent
Unsent

is the Snapper Armor what i saw that looks like the MineCrawler Plate Armor?

(the one on the right)

http://forum.jowood.de/attachment.php?s=c6704cd9a14461993594be4d312edbed&postid=249437

Here are all of the armors in gothic 2. the thread is purly german but you will see where the file attachments are

http://forum.jowood.de/showthread.php?threadid=24636&highlight=r%FCstungen+bilder

Broken in Exile
Post Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:50 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

The Snapper Armor he refers to is the one on the left. It can be found in a chest near Matteo's house, guarded by a city guard.

The one on the right is simply called Minecrawler Plate Armor in G2.

Last edited by Kiwi Boy on Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:08 am
Scribbles
Unsent
Unsent

so Wolf continued making MineCrawler Plate armor eh? COOL!!

Broken in Exile
Post Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:42 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Scribbles
so Wolf continued making MineCrawler Plate armor eh? COOL!!

Yes, but first, you need to find a guy who's wearing the armor (Gestath) before you can ask Wolf about it.

Also, minecrawlers are quite rare in this game. So, don't kill them unless you learn the trophy skill.
Post Sat Jun 14, 2003 4:23 pm
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

quote:
Originally posted by Kiwi Boy
The Snapper Armor he refers to is the one on the left. It can be found in a chest near Thorben's house, guarded by a city guard.

Right, what I posted is a way to get around the guard to get the armor at no cost to you.
Post Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:53 pm
Sanosuke
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I never found a way up to the roof the way you described it..i found another way up..cant remember where it was..but i obviously cant get to that snapper armor from there..there is way to much of a distance to jump right over the road and to another roof..oh well..guess i'll have to do without it..!
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:15 pm
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

quote:
Originally posted by Sanosuke
I never found a way up to the roof the way you described it..i found another way up..cant remember where it was..but i obviously cant get to that snapper armor from there..there is way to much of a distance to jump right over the road and to another roof..oh well..guess i'll have to do without it..!

The second roof is much lower than the first. It is possible, as I have done it, though if you are using the full game, I cannot verify that it is possible there also, as I have not received my copy yet. If you like I can post screen shots.
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:24 pm
Sanosuke
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Lysander
The second roof is much lower than the first. It is possible, as I have done it, though if you are using the full game, I cannot verify that it is possible there also, as I have not received my copy yet. If you like I can post screen shots.

That would be helpful
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:43 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

The screenshots are pretty dark. It would be nice if you turn the brightness of your moniter to its maximum.

Credits to: Lysander. This hint is basically written by him.

Skill Required: Lockpicking.
Item Required: Lockpick. You can purchase one lockpick from Thorben for a special price of .... *drumroll* ... 10 gold pieces!
  1. First, go to the place where Thorben works, as shown here.

2. Notice the cabinet against the wall on the left. Locate yourself beside it, as shown here.

3. Now, press the jump button. This should bring you up to the roof, as shown here.

4. Turn right, and then right but do NOT get down. Your resulting screen should like this. The house on the opposite IS Matteo's shop.

5. SAVE THE GAME FIRST! Now, jump across the street to the roof of Matteo's shop. This will take several trials and failed attempts may be fatal. So, save your game before you do such actions.

6. Once you reach the roof of Matteo's shop, your screen should look like this. Notice a narrow yellowish-brown path at the middle of the screen? Go there.

7. Now, look down. You'll see two chests. One of them is broken, and the other one, which is locked (combo is LRLR), contains the Leather Armor.
Enjoy the new armor!

P.S. Sorry for my poor English grammar. Please, ask if you need any clarification.

Last edited by Kiwi Boy on Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:10 am
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Hey Kiwi Boy, whose trick is this, yours or mine? Just kidding, thanks for the help.

Last edited by Lysander on Tue Jun 17, 2003 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 3:44 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Hey Kiwi Boy, who's trick is this, yours or mine? Just kidding, thanks for the help.

lol... You're welcome. I've just edited my previous post and added a credit entry of you...

However, if you're feeling upset, just contact me through PM. I'll delete all the questionable materials.

BTW, Lysander, where did you learn how to lockpick? Thorben is too expensive and the Thieves' Guild... well, I don't want to solve their quests until I reach the later chapters.
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:23 am
Lysander
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

quote:
Originally posted by Kiwi Boy

lol... You're welcome. I've just edited my previous post and added a credit entry of you...

However, if you're feeling upset, just contact me through PM. I'll delete all the questionable materials.

BTW, Lysander, where did you learn how to lockpick? Thorben is too expensive and the Thieves' Guild... well, I don't want to solve their quests until I reach the later chapters.

No worries. I think I'll edit my original post to include your screenshots if you don't mind. Also I can brighten them or tell you how.

I've only played the demo, so it was Thorben. I find that lockpicking pays for itself, and I tend to thoroughly explore the world as well as pick up everything I can, so I had some cash.
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:44 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:

No worries. I think I'll edit my original post to include your screenshots if you don't mind. Also I can brighten them or tell you how.

Sure, do whatever you want. But please do not publicize this thing too far as there is a bandwidth limit in my webspace account.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:42 am
SeekingEdge
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You can enter that storage area if and when you join the Militia after talking with the guard.Same armor is sold by Mateo for 250 GP.
Post Fri Jun 20, 2003 10:28 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next