Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Can't seem to get Dusty along (Slight Spoiler)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Khalistro
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Hi all,

I'm having some slight troubles with Dusty. He wanted to know where his friend has gone, so I visited his friend in the Cult Camp.
He told me to relay a message to Dusty, and so I did. Then Dusty told me he couldn't get out of the Old Camp, because he had some debt with the guards. This is End of Story for me, since I can't talk to Dusty, and as far as I know the guards won't let me talk to them about Dusty too.

So anyone know how I can solve this little thingy??

Thanks in advance,

Khalistro
Post Thu Dec 06, 2001 7:23 am

Dusty should give you the option to say "I'll pay the guards for you" or something similar... when you do this he will follow you to the south gate where you pay the guards 100 ore and then take him to the sect camp. Simple. If that option isn't there then I don't know what you can do.
Post Thu Dec 06, 2001 7:36 am

Khalistro
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Hmmm, too bad....

Looks like I don't know what to do then....

Maybe its because I'm at war with the guards, since I refuse to pay protection money every day... I already had a fight with some bozo's who thought they could punch the ore out of me

Khalistro
Post Thu Dec 06, 2001 8:39 am
thanakar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I am wondering too.

I returned from teh cult camp and talked to Dusty. Got as far as him saying he needed to bribe the guards but didnt' have 100 ore. I have over 100 ore but I do not get an option to pay for him. I am neither at war with the guards, nor have I decided yet to pay protection money. Maybe you needed to join the camp. When I talked to the south gate guard he gave me a bunch of lip about not being taken seriously until I join the camp.
Post Thu Dec 06, 2001 12:41 pm
Khalistro
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well, I'm at war with the guards, but I'm allowed by Gomez, so in fact i DID join the Old Camp. But still no way to get Dusty to come with me

Khalistro
Post Thu Dec 06, 2001 12:54 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

You have to talk to someone else first…I’m not into giving the answers to problems because It detracts from the game play, but maybe Fetishfool will tell you.

Sylvio
Post Thu Dec 06, 2001 1:58 pm

You have to get one of the Baals (forgot his name) from the Sect camp to give you a quest. In that quest, you must find a recruit for the Sect camp...(which is dusty of course), and bring him to that Baal.

The dialogue for getting Dusty to follow you, and for you to pay, revolves around the fact you already got that quest. (When Dusty questions why you would pay, your character says "it's important for me as well to take you to the new camp" or something like that.

Note the above task is part of the Admission to Sect Camp quest, so if you've already joined a camp, then I guess you're out of luck

Even if you don't plan on joining the sect camp, you can still do the task just for the XP points.
Post Thu Dec 06, 2001 1:59 pm

damn i one minute difference....sorry if i spoiled it for anyone
Post Thu Dec 06, 2001 2:00 pm

Khalistro
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well, you didn't really spoil it for me, because I was asking for it..... hehe

The main reason I wanted Dusty to come along was that I read somewhere on a German fansite a topic called "hunting with Dusty". His screenshots were loaded with dead animals and monsters, and a grinning Dusty

AND the fact he said he levelled up from level 4 to 9 while doing so. He admitted he kept "hunting" with Dusty for 3 Gothic days and nights, but it seems worthwhile to me, since YOU/ME gets the XP for it too, and getting all those claws etc. should be rewarding enough for itself

One happy Khalistro

P.S.

I take it once you joined the Old Camp there's no way to get Dusty to hunt with you???

P.P.S.

One of the main reasons I joined the Old Camp was for the armour and weapons, but I take it there's a LOT more to be gained by doing quests in the other camps first?? Since I haven't done any for them....
Post Thu Dec 06, 2001 2:16 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I think I was a Shadow when I got the quest...

Sylvio
Post Thu Dec 06, 2001 2:34 pm