A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

I'm talking about the Halls of Irdorath
Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:48 am
FlipMoeJack
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

How fast? 80 hours.

I'm in Chapter 5, I have been playing for 75 hours. I think I'll finish the game at or around the 80 hour mark.
Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:42 pm
yeberion
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

my average time is 30 hours, ive finished it twice now as a dragon hunter and paladin and im just bout to board my ship as a mage, ill prolly end up finishing around 30 again.
Post Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:03 pm
Exetor
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Re: How fast did you complete Gothic 2?

quote:
Originally posted by harrymerc
I tried to run through Gothic 2 with a quick finish in mind and completed it at 4 hours 47 minutes recorded time, ofcourse without cheating or exploiting bugs. Has anyone managed to do it quicker?

Roughly my strategy was becoming paladin and just avoiding enemies until I recieved the holy arrow. Mind you I finished the game twice before. It cannot be done without use of prior experience and knowledge of where to find herbs.

Well, I just finished it for the 1st time, as a Paladin, in 87hours and 59min.
I think I got my moneys worth out of it!
Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:37 am
Spiro
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Getting past the colonel and the four elites is easy even if you are weak. Just drag them back to the ship and let your crew do the job. Though it might be best not to have Jack as captain if you do cause he doesn't like the mass of orcs that end up attacking if you do it that way.

The trouble comes when you you have to deal with the dragons, though the fire dragon is simple, all you have to do is get to the point just out side the blow attack range, but close enough that it doesn't switch to fire ball, and shoot it with spell or range weapon ontil it dies. Though the undead dragon doesn't seem to fall for this one. I suggest using potion of speed just before confronting it and avoiding it as best you can, hitting it with your most powerful attack, when I did it it went down in a couple seconds. Course I was level 42 and had played through every quest I could manage and killed every thing and ever person in Khorinis and the valley of mines taking over a week, and something over 74 hours.

I agree with the majority, this is not a game to play through quickly, it just isn't fun that way, not really.
Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:25 am
Tri-Star
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

im in mid way in ch1 and at 30 hr i really take my time......
Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:29 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2