The Bard's Tale: Karaoke Scene @ the Adrenaline Vault
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Kristophe
Obi-Wan Kermobi
Obi-Wan Kermobi

The Bard's Tale: Karaoke Scene @ the Adrenaline Vault

Today's report from the Adrenaline Vault reveals that InXile plans for several "karaoke" <a href="http://www.avault.com/news/displaynews.asp?story=6162004-72840" target="_blank">scenes</a> in their upcoming saga, The Bard's Tale... <br> <br><blockquote><em>Get out the cheesy lighting and gather your friends: there are a several scenes in The Bard's Tale in which NPCs break out into song. Some tunes are just for laughs while others offer helpful clues. The game's design document even calls for the classic yellow karaoke ball to bounce across the lyrics in time to the singing. The Bard's Tale is an RPG in which players take the role of a sarcastic musician and adventurer who's focused on carnal desires rather than noble pursuits. </em></blockquote>
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:28 pm
Barghest
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Can this game sound any worse?
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:30 pm
Kristophe
Obi-Wan Kermobi
Obi-Wan Kermobi

For better...or for worse - each game into it's own niche. Beyond that - what's wrong with a round of verse whilst indulging in an enjoyeable beverage or two (or more)?? *chuckles*
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:41 pm
Kristophe
Obi-Wan Kermobi
Obi-Wan Kermobi

I should add - and I do not know where you come from - but I had previously enjoyed the rather raucus and risque drinking song from various Ocktoberfests...quite typical...furthermore - from personal experience - drinking is always a blessing for those that survive a tough combat firefight...
Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:25 pm
Kristophe
Obi-Wan Kermobi
Obi-Wan Kermobi

I should also note a rather negative statistic...of all "newsbits" reported...I seem to have the dubious distinction of being the most highly "criticized" (or should I say flamed) personna presently at RPGDot...might I presume it is my national origin and my former profession - rather than my editorial skills - that seems to encourage my detractors? Regardless - I have three things to say (1) no one is forcing you to read my newsposts...(2) Why would anyone have the gumption to assume I would bother reading (or listening) to comments from detractors that neither have a sense of humor, nor a clue as to when an article may be somewhat sarcastic in nature...and (3) I personally invite you all to come and replace me - after all - shouldn't critics make the best replacements??
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:37 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Maybe you should work on the way you deal with criticism.
Be happy the people criticize you. This shows they care. Would you like it if you posted 500 newsbits without reaction?
Itīs good you have your own news posting style. If some of our readers -especially anonymous ones- donīt like it they can choose to get their RPG news fix elsewhere.

What I donīt like, though, is your tendency to post non RPG related newsbits. Why do we need to be informed about the 'Gamespot Street Squad' or FilePlanetīs new subscription system? IMHO the news value for a RPG-interested audience is exactly zero.
You could save yourself and our readers some time and stop posting such infos.
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:04 am
Kristophe
Obi-Wan Kermobi
Obi-Wan Kermobi

I could save such "frivolous" newsbits...but I happen to think that RPGDot has a greater draw of readers - meaning that the younger crowd may find some enjoyment over articles that an older group of readers may not find such pleasure in the reading...and it is still drops down to an "opinion" over what I report...likewise - I still will ALWAYS reply that opinions are...

If I am mistaken that our readers do not understand what opinions are..we Americans - not understanding the Queen's English, after all - have a saying - "Opinions are like (substitute word) anus's...and everyone has one"

Bottom line - if you do not like my reports - why bother reading them??
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:43 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Since I donīt know what to make of this somewhat esoteric answer let me ask you again and try a different angle.

1. Again the question, what is the relevance of the newsbits mentioned above for a site specialized in RPG news? You decided to post them. Can you give me one good reason why?

2. Hereīs a reason not to post them. RPGDot is part of Jolt. Jolt, amongst other things, offers exclusive downloads and publishes game releated articles like reviews, etc.
FilePlanet also offers exclusive downloads, Gamespot is one of the biggest game sites, famous for their articles. Why do you link to the competition if their is no direct benefit for our readers?
Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:08 am