Little confused, need help....
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Trolloc63
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Little confused, need help....

OK so I live in the US, and have played Gothic 2 (English Version) at least a dozen times over. Had many hours of fun exploring and killing, you know the drill.

So the addon comes out and I picked it up yesterday, that is, Gothic 2:NOTR (English Version 2.7). I read about the new spells so I thought i'd play as the mage and give them a try.

I was very quickly pissed off and frustrated by the addon, there are many changes to the game.

No more quicksave, just to piss me off. No more strafing an oncoming monster and attacking him, now you have to strafe, stop, then press your left or right button with attack to pull off and attack. Items cost more, much more, and everything you sell is worth crap.

I'm reading all these posts about how you can train up your guy to 200+ mana without using skill points, but I just dont see how its possible. I quit playing right then and there, it was a little much being the fire mage. My fire arrow was crap against most enemies, and of course several of the baddies were harder.

I guess I just dont know what to do. Any comments would be appreciated.
Post Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:48 pm
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

the addon is extremly more diffuclt from the normal G2 , I think it's great, teh normal G2 was too easy, yes being a mage is extermly harder now, I usually settle for a merceneray that has a good mana and uses scrolls(5mana for rain of fire ), anyway I didn't train him at mana at all and he's got about 75 and I'm still at chapter 3 so there you have it.
I found that the way to train mana is first train it to teh 90 grade from which it's either 3 or 4 lp per one, and then use the potions , stone slabs, and korgons beer, also the addon added alot of black mushrooms and now you cna have the bonus every time as long as you eat 50, so stock up on those , I managed with my merc to get 20mana already just from mushrooms and I'm not even trying, also concentrate on spells you need, in NOTR you have to specailize to succesed so decided on a line of spells and go with it.
about the quick save, in G2 orignal there was no quick save you can add the option through the INI file, so try do it in NOTR as well.
Post Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:05 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Welcome to our forums!

Playing a mage is really hard because you need melee skills to survive until you get decent spells. Maybe you should play one of the other careers first.

Did you use the alternative combat control system the last time?
Post Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:56 pm