Gothic 1&2 vs Ultima 9
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Wlad
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Gothic 1&2 vs Ultima 9

Dusted off my old ultima 9 discs and installed it again to see how i runs on a Radeon 9800 Pro.
Finally hehe ive got the power to run Ultima 9 smoothly : )
After a few hours gaming i start to thinking hmm its very similar to Gothic 1 and 2 perhaps they use tha same engine ?
If the AI on the monsters in Ultima 9 was a little better the game would ROCK.

Does anyone got an idea how i should manage the questions in the beginning to become a Mage ?
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:30 pm
Parcival
Rightful Heir To The Throne
Rightful Heir To The Throne

Re: Gothic 1&2 vs Ultima 9

quote:
Originally posted by Wlad
Dusted off my old ultima 9 discs and installed it again to see how i runs on a Radeon 9800 Pro.
Finally hehe ive got the power to run Ultima 9 smoothly : )
After a few hours gaming i start to thinking hmm its very similar to Gothic 1 and 2 perhaps they use tha same engine ?
If the AI on the monsters in Ultima 9 was a little better the game would ROCK.

Yes, I am playing it on my Geforce 4Ti(forgot the ram - enough) and that is a huge difference to my late Vodoo3.
Gameplay is indeed quite similar to Gothic, but definitly not the same engine. The Gothic engin took prob. some inpiration from U9, but there are some differences. Gothic provides for a much more bug-free experience (apart from meatbugs) and is over all a more solid engine. U9 has more object interactiviy, a great gravity system and a very nice sea-shore routine.
I agree with it that U9 rocks (almost), but dont shout it out loud or you'll have some angry dragons flying over Lets be honest: the plot had nothing to do with previous ultimas and no video card will save the game if you expected U9 to be a worthy sequel.

quote:
Originally posted by Wlad
Does anyone got an idea how i should manage the questions in the beginning to become a Mage ?

Try this
link o the Wayward Avatar.

For other quetsions, there is also a Walkthrough on UltimaDot

Yours

Parcival
Editor-in-Chief for UltimaDot
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 2:02 pm