Where can I sell expensive Items?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Zameir
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Where can I sell expensive Items?

This is driving me insane, no one has any money. I have a helmet worth 15k and I can't sell it. I'm flat broke. Where are all the guys with money?
Post Sun May 12, 2002 8:44 am
charliebk
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I don't exactly know where to sell your 15k helmet to get 15k, but I stole some some really nice armor pieces worth 25k, 12k, and 12k. Instead of selling for gold, I found an armor dealer with lots of very expensive glass armor that i wanted. I sold my stole armor and bought the glass armor in the same transaction. That's best i've been able to do with really expensive items.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 2:15 pm
Juz'la

Ultimately your gonna spend any coin on gear, scrolls, etc. so just hang onto it and "trade" it for said items like the above post suggested. Find a vacant house (or shack, etc.) and set up "shop".

Although ive yet to find a house for sale I have been able to aquire a few properties through quests. A good example of this is my home in Ald-ruhn. The local merchants there have a problem that once resolved (no matter your venue of choice: coercion or violence) opens up a rather nice home.

Once vacated by the above quest I moved right in.

Juz'la Ironstar . Dark Elf Adventurer of the Great House Redoran.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 4:15 pm

Kyzug

In Caldera, there is a guy named Creeper on the second floor of the large house witht the orcs in it.

He has 5,000. And he buys items at full price.

Directions: Turn right as you exit the mage guild in Caldera. I forget the name of the Manor House he is in, but it is very close.

Just sleep on the floor in front of him for 24 hours to reset his gold.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 5:48 pm

moondrago

here is how i do it i go to creeper and i sell him a bunch of items for 5000 lets say 10 items so that works out to 50000 i keep the money on me and rest each time i get his 5000 ....with me so far....now once i get 50000 on me i take and buy all the stuff back ......ok so now i own him 50000 gold .......now i take my 50000 gold itme and trade it with him , so now i have sold my 50000 item plus i have all the other items back..this is just to get rid of the high value items ....plus i get my gold all back.....so i have all the items (but not my 50000 dollar one )oh the items i sell are gem stones most of the time they are worth 4500 then the big ones are like 20000 -50000

ps this takes a about an hour to do so i usally do this before i go to work and then when i get home i can just go buy stuff i have all kinds of items mostly scrools or hight priced magic items but always under 5000 then its just a matter of selling resting selling resting ....oh im gettting tired
Post Mon May 13, 2002 5:13 am

JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

You can also offer an item for all the traders gold, PLUS AN EQUAL VALUE OF THINGS HE HAVE IN STOCK!

Start by flattering, intimidating, taunting, bribing a storeowner up to 100 in reputation, and say goodbye. This will 'save' his feelings about you. (100g in bribe's might sound like much, 500g might sound ridicilous, but consider that everything you sell will have a much larger value if he likes you, wich usually repays itself after just one trade)

Now do as I said above, offer your item, find smaller items of value in stock, preferably below the trader's total gold (if he have 4000g, grab
< 4000g items). Grab as many of the traders items as possible + all his gold.

After doing this, drop all the items you bought on the floor. Go and take a 24h rest. Return to the shop, pick up your items (that you bought) and then sell as much as you can, drop the items again, and repeat the procedure...

In this way you can split up a expensive 50k item to smaller items, wich you can sell off in pieces to get your full refund.

I found a 10k staff very early in the game, and used the Armorer in Balmora (1500g), giving me a total of 5000g with 10-15 in Merchant. 5000g at that stage made it possible to train enough to gain about 10 levels without leaving Balmora.

Dont forget to offer less for the traders stuff. Click on the sell button like crazy. Eventually he will give in and trade with you even if you practically steal his money. You will go up in Merchant by doing this, and his opinion about you may be lowered from 100 to 1, but if you click goodbye before saying something else to him you can talk to him again, and he will be back to his old value.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Mon May 13, 2002 8:21 am
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

I have read that a full suit of Glass Armour can be found in the Hlallu Vault.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 11:36 am
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

sauron38
----------
The question where not where to find great items, the question was how to get rid of them.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Mon May 13, 2002 4:40 pm