FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Orc's camp
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread

Can't find it.

I thought it was across the bridge - where all the orc's were. But if it was then this wouldn't make any sense.

You will meet Ur-Shak in the front of the bridge.
"He says that you could possibly open the gate to the
temple using the statues on the pillars, and mentions that you should not use magic in front of the orcs or they will
attack you. Equip your Ulu-Mulu and the orcs will remain calm. Explore around the city and you will find several chests.
One of them contains scrolls,"

But theres no chests that I could find across the bridge where the Orc Shaman guy was. Where is this guy talking about?
Because I can't find it
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 12:28 am

RingWrath
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

its not there
you know the lake bellow Xardas' tower? the one that if you have acrobatics you can jump into? or u can just turn into a blood fly and jump into it.. but its the lake, theres a bunch of Razers their, and on a ledge to the left is where all the fire lizards are. (u know where i mean?) well if you go along the mountain to the fire lizards, its just a little ways past them, you will see that shaman dude standing their, a few metres away from a big, wooden rope bridge, its pretty obvious from their.
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 12:41 am
NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

There will be a lot of Orcs when you cross the bridge. If you need more experience or for fun kill them all.
Open the gate by using the winch. More Orcs. There are several areas. To the left is where some caves are. You will see a large circular cage under ground there. You can see the top of it sticking out of the ground. You can find some spell scrolls inside the caves.
To the right are the Orc Temple Guards, and 4 shaman. Kill them from a distance.

On top of the pillar where the Shaman were praying is a figurine. Use telekinesis to get it.
If you look around near the pillar you see two openings. One has a locked gate. That is the entrance to the Sleeper Temple.
You can use the figurine to open the gate or use the orc teleport scroll to teleport to the other side of the gate.
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 12:43 am

It says the winch is jammed though...
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 12:51 am

Well, how do I get the winch unstuck to get through the gate?
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 4:45 am

Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

Use the figurine to pry it open.

Dont you listen to Xardas or UrSHak?

Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 5:30 am
NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Which gate?
The wooden one or the iron gate?
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 5:39 am
Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

ITs gotta be the iron.

Theres no possible way EVER that the wooden gate in the orc camp is jammed.
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 5:47 am

Wooden one... the winch is jammed.

I had to crawl around the on top of the mountains for al ittle while to get past the gate and hop on the other side.

I just got the Orcish teleportation scroll and im trying to teleport through the iron gate near where the 4 shamans were. But he just gives me that stupid shrug and doesn't teleport.
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 5:51 am

deathblow
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

To get though the Iron gate (lever is jammed) use the Icon (little statue) on top of the pillar that the Orcs were dancing around, right infront of the gate. Use a Telekenisis spell to get it off of the pilar.
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 6:21 am
NecroDancer
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Or just cheat.
Open attribute screen.
Type marvin
close attribute screen (you should see marvin mode in upper left)
stand next to gate then hit k
kis used to teleport foward
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 7:48 am

SPOILER!
I've found a neat way into the Orc Camp that doesn't require spells or the Ulu Mulu (though I found on playing it earlier that changing into a mealbug gets you right inside with all the good stuff).

It's possible to scale the cliffs using a series of ledges somewhat south of the camp. Getting on top calls for some synchronised jumping, but once there you are able to walk along to the shaman area, and pick everybody off. You can wipe out the entire camp in safety if you wish, and jump down to get the icon from the shamans' pillar. Getting out calls for a teleport.
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 12:20 pm

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:

On 2002-01-18 06:20, Anonymous wrote:
SPOILER!
I've found a neat way into the Orc Camp that doesn't require spells or the Ulu Mulu (though I found on playing it earlier that changing into a mealbug gets you right inside with all the good stuff).

It's possible to scale the cliffs using a series of ledges somewhat south of the camp. Getting on top calls for some synchronised jumping, but once there you are able to walk along to the shaman area, and pick everybody off. You can wipe out the entire camp in safety if you wish, and jump down to get the icon from the shamans' pillar. Getting out calls for a teleport.

Another good use for a bloodfly scroll.
Post Fri Jan 18, 2002 12:36 pm