Goblin shares and stolen Idol??? *POSS.SPOILERS
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Goblin shares and stolen Idol??? *POSS.SPOILERS

I got into the treasure room. I don't see the Idol anywhere. There is a chest that is locked. I can't lock-pick it. How do I get the Idol? Is it even inside the treasure room? I still need instructions on how to get it.

Also, I still wonder what the Goblin shares are for, and what the gold bars are for at the bank. Profits? Benefits? Sense?

In the Kings thrown I noticed a switch on the wall. There are numbers requiring the correct combination to make the switch work. What is the combination? Or am I supposed to solve that later? Hints?
Post Mon Dec 30, 2002 11:30 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

Umm...aren't these covered in the other thread? I don't mind supplying more detail, if I have it. I'm afraid I didn't try keeping the shares for varying amounts of time to test if the value changed.
Post Mon Dec 30, 2002 11:42 pm
Peacemkr2
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, first of all, have you gotten the king sick, so he could talk to you, or did u break into room? First thing u need to do is put wine in the dough the cook uses to make the king food, then when u talk to him after he leaves room he opens room for you. The thing is, who would want the king to lose his position to the revolt?... Have you met the guy near the cook, down hte hall, who thinks that the king doesnt deserve his position? He might have a key under his pillow, or something... Then, the numbers, well, did you know that the kings bedroom has a rug thingie hanging from the bed, but you can select items (such as pieces of paper) through it? Whatdya know, a paper with a couple numbers on it is down there....

In case u didnt understand, get key from pillow of guy who wants to dispose of king (warning: he will attack u once u get idol from chest), code is on piece of paper king of under bed.
Post Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:15 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Thanks guys. I understood it. I went back and looked for the paper under the bed and didn't see it. Didn't realize I had to get it from under the King's blanket. Thanks again. My only question now is, is it okay for me to clear out the treasury and sell those items.
Post Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:22 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

P.S. I created this thread additional to the other thread which contains the same questions, so that anyone sharing the same curiousity regarding the Goblin shares can simply view this thread, having a different title with a note of its contents. I figured it must be a common question; what the shares are for, and what the gold bars are for. People might like to know whether its a waste of money or not. I explored through older threads, and didn't spot any with similar notes.

P.S.S. No one has yet specified the advantages of purchasing the Gold Bars from the bank. Friendly spirited details are welcome.
Post Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:30 am
Dhruin

I didn't intend to bite; your posts just seemed to come faster than I could type responses .
Post Tue Dec 31, 2002 1:57 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

No bite interpreted. Thank you for your posts Dhruin.
Post Tue Dec 31, 2002 4:22 am