Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion - Interview @ HardGamers
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion - Interview @ HardGamers

The Elder Scrolls site is pointing out an <a href="http://www.hardgamers.com/dossiers.asp?no=257" target="_blank">interview</a> with PR head Pete Hines on Oblivion. Here's a snip on the recent topic de jour:<blockquote><em><b>HG: There’s a lot of controversy about the soft shadows everywhere on the Oblivion fan boards. Can the PC gamers expect a possibility to enable soft shadow as an option? What is the final point on this matter?</b> <br> <br>PH: Simply put, we changed the way we do shadows so that the game was actually playable, regardless of platform. The game looks the way it looks in all the screens we've released over the last year or more. It looks the way everyone has seen it who has played the game at any of our press events. It's more a reaction to what might have been than it is a reaction to what actually was.</em></blockquote>
Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:40 am
TheMadGamer
High Emperor
High Emperor

Lions and tigers and... no soft shadows... OH MY!

No soft shadows. The game is ruined. The end.

/sarcasm off
Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:41 am
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Shadows would not be a very important feature for me, thou they are still dodging or hoping we will all forget the video released(with audio description of the shadows), which is the only missing media in his list.
Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:54 am
bjon045
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I never really liked shadows in the first place. I would be quite happy if they didn't have them at all....I hate when an item is obscured because it lays in the shadow of something - almost as bad as games that have levels where you have to squint your eyes because it is too dark and you can't see anything, not everyone has the eyes of a 5 year old.
Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:24 pm