Usergroups
I, A Stinking Cheat
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
alexclarke

I, A Stinking Cheat

Guys,

First off, I really love this game. However, I am also a cheat. Yes, I know I have a problem but...

...Because I am really a noice, especially in the use of the editor, I just wanted to know if there was any way to tweak the statistics of the main PC? Either by using the supplied editor or some other way? The editor is, for me, fiendishly complicated, and so I haven't worked out whether I can tweak my character, 'Cringely Cheesemage', using it. What I'm looking for, I suppose, is a beautifully simple Save Game Editor. There is a trainer about which I have tried to use but, alas, when Morrowin is running, the mouse arrow becomes 'locked' within the Morrowind screen and I can't leave that screen, even when playing in 'window mode' to access the trainer window.

Is there an easier and simpler way to cheat - either to boost my PC's stats or give him all the best items? Come on, do a favour for all us stinking cheaters and alo help poor Cringely - he's dying out there.

Cheers,

Alex
Post Sat Jun 01, 2002 7:28 am

Curak

If you want to cheat equipment for your char you've to use the editor - Check out this tut which explains how to add objects to the game http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5679. If you want to increase your char's stats you can do it by open the console and then type: Player->Mod[stat] x (for example; Player->ModSpeed 10 will increase your speed by 10). Hope it helps...
Post Sat Jun 01, 2002 8:05 am

MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

None of what you say is necessary. The game gives you complete control over your character at run-time. Just press ~ to open the console and type help to get you started. Just few examples: tcm toggles cliping (you can move like a ghost through architecture), tgm toggles god mode (can't die), etc. You can give yourself any item in the game (e.g. player->add_item any_item 1), position yourself anywhere in the game, set or reset any quest flag there may be, influence NPCS in any way you want, etc.

You'll have to do your own research on how exactly to do all the things you want to do, but this should certainly save you a lot of trouble.
Post Sat Jun 01, 2002 9:30 am
alexclarke

Thanks for both your advice - but I still need a little more guidance.

I have been trying to open the console window by pressing the tilde ('~') key. However, this doesn't work for me because I have a European keyboard and when I press the necessary buttons ('Shift #') the game does not seem to recognise this command.

Any suggestions?
Post Sat Jun 01, 2002 11:07 am

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Try to switch into English (language) in Windows before starting game.
Post Sat Jun 01, 2002 11:39 am
AlexScherr
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

You can also change the key that brings up the console in the "Options | Controls" menu, either at the game menu, or during the game by pressing "ESC".
Post Sat Jun 01, 2002 12:33 pm
alexclarke

SUCCESS!

Lads,

Thanks for your advice. I've finally found the console window and boosted my boy with stats that now make him as tough and uncanny as Janet Reno. Where he once ran screaming from mudcrabs, he now punches Redguards with one hand, his left, while with the other, he languidly transcribes a harpsichord minuet. What a guy!

Cheers,

Alex
Post Sat Jun 01, 2002 12:41 pm

Squeetard
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Hee hee.
Post Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:05 pm
Dave
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Now you should change the music to play Judas Priest's "British Steel" throughout the rest of the game.
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 5:07 pm