Fav/Least Fav cites
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
FireAnt
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Fav/Least Fav cites

List for favorite or least favorite cites and why.

I used tolove Balmora before everyone stated hating me just because I killed half the town and didn't got the theives guild guy to help me out of it. Vivce looks cool on the map but it's a pain to navigate unless you have some that can make u jump really good.

I like Ald'Ruhn because everyone likes me there and the Telvanie towns cuz they look cool.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 5:17 am
The Hurricane
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Favorite - Balmora
why? - cause after cleaning out that commana tong trash from the council club I have a nice home, complete with two bedrooms and my very own bar filled filled with flin and skooma. + easy access to the mages guild and house Hlaala fools.

Least Favorite - Dagon Fel
why? - Nords treat me like trash for some reason. Dumb Nords, I went to Dagon Fel expecting it to be the land of the orcs, but I get these rude Nords instead. Oh well, I got the Helm of Tohan from the ruins so no need to ever visit that miserable lot again ....well, until I gather up my courage to rid the town and all Morrowind of the guards and citizens of Dagon Fel and become king of the Sheogard region.

"Stand back...there's a hurricane coming through..."
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 6:52 am
Guest Dare

Tel Uvirith
Why? Because Jack and the Bean-stalk has always been my favorite story.
I traded my cow for some magic Telvanni beans!!!
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 7:58 am

XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

My favorite is Balmora because i have a home their and just looks good.

Least favorite is Hla Oad it is a vey ugly town, stupid people abd if you fell, you would be on the other site of town.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 8:58 am
Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

Fav-city: Taormina, Sicily. Wh?. Beatiful and welcoming. Plus one of the nicest gay-bars I´ve ever been to
Worst: Stockholm, Sweden. Why? I live here, and I hate it. People are rude and the climate sucks. At least 9 months of 12. The other three are bareable, but nothing more. But it is quite beatiful. At least from a plane on the way out of here

CrossTopicBaner
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 12:49 pm
Mattias Kreku
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Favourite: Dagon Fel. One and only place my dumb nord fighter feels right at home in.
Least favourite: Ebonheart. Despite its rather cool name I get like 5 fps everywhere I turn in that town. FOR NO REASON. Well, that was before I installed that fps optimizer. It REALLY works for me. I never go below 20 fps now.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:15 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Favorite Morrowind city: Ebonheart. I like the Imperial military .
Least favorite MW city: Can't decide between the ugly southeastern mountain town - forgot the name - and the weird mushroom village on this island - also forgot the name - ... I mean, come on, where do the walkways go? One wrong step and it's like 'Aaaaaaaaa....splat'.

Favorite RL city: right now it would be Moustiers-Sainte-Marie. Beautiful, even if a bit boring at night.
least favorite RL city: Krefeld. Just don't ask .
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:25 pm
Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

Krefeld??? Is that in Germany?
I just had to ask

CrossTopicBaner
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:34 pm
CharlieGuest

Fav/Least Fav cites

Favourite city? I like to lurk around the west coast, so it's a choice between two, as I'll explain.

Ald'ruhn was dull, dull, dull. Couldn't find any interesting things to buy in the shops, could only find one quest to do (and that ended up as "come back later" - I didn't bother). The nicest thing I can say about it is that it has a nice supply of Trama Root growing in the town.

Vivec? Interesting tombs to explore, but too big. Much too big. Took forever to get anywhere at full sprint. Also, having to walk up and down slopes just to get to the connecting bridges was so *boring*. Didn't find much of interest in the shops either, and I kept finding myself walking from end to end of the city just looking for Standard Restore Health potions - in the biggest city on the island most people only have Cheap or Bargain potions?!? Lots of missions to do though, if you like delivering papers and packages from one end of the town to the other anyway...

Pelagiad? Long walk to get to any transport. Nice shops in the fort though.

So, the two cities I hang around in mostly are Balmora and Seyda Neen.

Balmora because there's just so much to do there (breaking and entering, solving murders, disposing of bad people etc) and the shops are excellent. Ra'Virr buys Moon Sugar and Skooma and both he and the pawnbroker buy just about everything else. A bookshop to browse when bored. An excellent armourer and a reasonable weaponsmith. My own house (upstairs of the pillow lady). Lots of trainers (for the Blades, anyway). And the architecture is lovely...

Seyda Neen? It's just such a well-designed little town that it's a pleasure to keep going back. I think I've done all the missions in the area, and cleaned out the warehouse (without the key and without picking the lock the first time...), but there's still two houses I haven't broken into and I haven't explored all the islands yet. And anyway, my marksmanship skills are terrible, so I increase them by hunting Netch in the swamps. Marvellous fun!
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:54 pm

XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

Favourite real site city: Rotterdam
Least favourite real city: Amsterdam

Soccer related thing.
Main ravels come from Amsterdam

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:14 pm
sooth
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Pinnen, you don't like Sweden? I'd gladly trade you spots. after a few months in my desert, you'd want to go back...120 degrees farenheit, melady, and very unpleasant. BTW, i reside in Austin/Hell. whatever you want to call it. it sucks for a brit. i'm used to gloomy old london. but the money's good.
Any way, my fave city IN THE game is definately Suran. its like balmora, but more, well, more interesting.
least fav-vivec...lame.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 7:04 pm
non-euclid
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

???

My goal in life is to get out of America and into a Northern European country. Here take Seattle, I'll take Stockholm. Fair trade?

in game: I hate Marandus, they kill me on sight. OTOH I'm fond of Ald'ruhn.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 7:16 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Suran... such a pretty place. If only they could band together and drive that awful bar out of town. It brings around... umm... less desirable element, let's say. And the slavers need to go. But all in all it was one of the prime locations I was scouting for a house.

I like Pelagiad too. Very quaint.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 8:54 pm
Operation_JeDi
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

For those of u who answered a REAL city and for those of you who asked if the "fake" cities" were somewhere in Germany....

The question was what was your fav. city in the GAME. LoL. Not in real life.
Post Sun Jul 14, 2002 4:04 am
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

I like Balamora.
I hate any small city that has a quest connected to that I can't find!
quote:
Originally posted by sooth
Pinnen, you don't like Sweden? I'd gladly trade you spots. after a few months in my desert, you'd want to go back...120 degrees farenheit, melady, and very unpleasant. BTW, i reside in Austin/Hell. whatever you want to call it. it sucks for a brit. i'm used to gloomy old london. but the money's good.
Any way, my fave city IN THE game is definately Suran. its like balmora, but more, well, more interesting.
least fav-vivec...lame.

Austin/Hell, desert? I can only assume you mean Austin, Texas. And I assure any one reading this topic that Austin, Texas is a great city. And with the exception of around El Paso, there is no desert in Texas.
Least favorite real city: Cranston Rhode Island. The entire state in about the size of a city, so I would say all of RI, but I had fun watching the AAA baseball club in Pawtucket.
Post Sun Jul 14, 2002 5:34 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next