Spy in Mage Guild
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Moriarty
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Spy in Mage Guild

I'm trying to find a spy in the Ald'ruhn mage guild. I've asked around but I can't seem to get anywhere.
What am I missing? TIA
Post Sun May 12, 2002 8:11 am

The spy isn't in the Ald'ruhn mages guild, it is in one of the others. You can travel between them quickly by talking to one of the mages that can teleport you around all the guilds. I can't remember which guild it's in, but the spy is in the guild where all the members respond with "ask somebody or other about that" when you ask them about a spy. Collect some evidenace and teleport back to Ald'ruhn
Post Sun May 12, 2002 11:26 am

mDrop
High Emperor
High Emperor

You can find the spy in Vivec. Ask the arch-mage about the spy and he'll tell you about his assistant and give you his credentials. Read them and you'll discover that they are fake. I haven't yet brought the papers back so I'm not sure whether they are sufficient evidence. The assistant mentions a wizard or something that he originally worked for, so you might have to visit him too.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 1:29 pm

I got the quest of challenging the arch-mage in Vivec and I beat him in the Arena.

The problem is that now when I need to find the spy, everyone says 'Talk to the Arch-Mage' and I killed him earlier so there is no way that I can finish this quest...
Post Sun May 12, 2002 11:28 pm

CarcusRex

quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
I got the quest of challenging the arch-mage in Vivec and I beat him in the Arena.

The problem is that now when I need to find the spy, everyone says 'Talk to the Arch-Mage' and I killed him earlier so there is no way that I can finish this quest...

Perhaps his body remains where you killed him. You could possibly go back to the arena and loot his corps. Maybe take the evidence document off him.
Just a thought... I really don't know if this will work.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 5:00 am

Silvek

quote:
Perhaps his body remains where you killed him. You could possibly go back to the arena and loot his corps. Maybe take the evidence document off him.

Good idea but when I got there the body had vanished. But I think I looted everything of the corpse after I defeated him and I don't remember seeing a document.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 9:29 am

Silvek
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I had to cheat to solve this quest...

Since the Arch-Mage was dead, I had to get the credentials by using the console:
player->AddItem "bk_tiramgadarscredentials" "1"
Post Mon May 13, 2002 10:19 am