what r u playing right NOW?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Gothic Soul
Master of Shadows
Master of Shadows

Medal Of Honor: Allied Assault - Superb Game
Eternal Darkness - This game is playing with my mind and getting in my nerves Is so Great.
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:31 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:
Originally posted by xSamhainx
(...) One guy even went so far as to say that the bots were uncustomizable. I guess this was false, huh? Then some dude I chat online with about gaming was b.i.otching about the rocket launcher being "Quake-afied": sped up and overpowered like Q3. That was the final draw for me, the one thing that pisses me off the most about Q3 is that the only real weapon to use is the rocketlauncher. In the original UT, the launcher is a bit slow and doesnt have as far of splash damage, and the weapons are pretty diverse so im constantly using all diffrent weapons as opposed to running around looking for the rocketlauncher, and dealing with the jumping rocket retards. Ill pick it up when it hits 40 bucks, Im kinda reeling from my 120$ of recent purrchases at the moment ='.'=

Hmmm... the bots are just as customizable as they were in UT, no difference there. At least I didn't see a difference. As for the rocket launcher - it behaves a lot like it did in the olden days, but I'm not an avid launcher user so I'm not too sure. Anyway, it's a great weapon to use in low-g environments . You'll get to places you never wanted to see...
Being the nearsighted old crone that I am, my favorite weapon still is the Flak Cannon. They reduced its richocet somewhat, but that's just fair. No way to fill a distant room with shrapnel anymore. A pity they did away with the disk thrower thingy though. Ah well, you have the ion painter instead which makes you feel liek you were in Command&Conquer .

I returned to playing JK II now that I have a new old video card. Volumetric shadows rule .
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 12:37 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

quote:
Originally posted by xSamhainx
... The reason I was scared of buying UT2003 Jaz was because I read all these totally negative reader reviews on Gamepot about it...

Never dependent too much on reader reviews, from my experiences some really did a very good review, but not in most case. Better look up reviews from games journalist, and read more than just a couple reviews.
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 8:09 pm
Nukester
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Was playing Gothic until I couldn't fight off a bunch of Harpys while getting a focus stone, so I started playing Divine Divinity. However I stopped playing DD for now, since I am stuck (im in a prison and dont have enough mana to make my way out...might have to go back to an earlier save game). In the meantime I went back to playing Gothic.

Also loaded up Ultima 7 acouple of times but the graphics are very blocky. Is there anyway to get better resolution than 640x480 in U7 (like the "Pic of the Moment screens show for U7 ?).

Most of my time has been spent playing a baseball sim called Out of the Park 4 (which, in a round about way, is sort of like a crpg where you "become" general manager/manager and play through the history of baseball)
Post Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:06 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Sorry I'm reanimating this thread, but I just made a new friend. His name is Sam Fisher, and he's such a sweety !

I finally got my (box version) Splinter Cell today. It may not be an RPG, but man, it's fun! I'm so sorry, but I had to put Arx Fatalis to rest for the time being. I didn't even want to play SC today because I wnated to watch TV for once (I rarely do), BUT my sat receiver's OS crashed while I was zapping around... so I thought, well, must be fate, and started to play Splinter Cell. Even though the setting is somewhat futuristic it's playing and feeling a lot like my all time favorite - the Thief series. All the sneaking, the shadow-meter, lugging unconscious people around to dump them in the bushes... it's oh-so-thiefy...
Post Wed Feb 05, 2003 11:37 pm
Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

I´m not a big sneak-fan, but I can´t help but look forward just a bit to this game. Other than that, I play GTA3 and Battlefield from time to time. There´s nothing like good ol' fashioned violence. And driving this, I guess.

CrossTopicBaner
Post Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:09 am
Black_Lord
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I am currently playing the english translation of Dragon Quest IX.

I am awaiting Gothic 2, and most likley a huge upgrade. Since I can't run most newer pc games now. I need it to run PJ 64 faster anyway..

Last edited by Black_Lord on Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:12 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I am in the middle of Wizardry 8 and Divine Divinity.
Post Thu Feb 06, 2003 9:43 am
Kayla
High Emperor
High Emperor

Majesty (with the Northern Expansion pack), Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 , and Impossible Creatures (sort of, I've played with mixing the animals for ages, it's really fun, but I haven't started the actual game yet) and NWN.

I'm only playing NWN multiplayer, but I had to put it in to make the list look semi-respectable.

Robert A. Heinlein
Post Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:24 pm
Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

UT2003.

CrossTopicBaner
Post Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:37 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Pinnen, be sure to get the (latest and working!!!) species mutator so your attributes will depend on the race of your character. They cut it out of the PC version because it was supposed to be a unique 'box version feature, but somebody finally managed to get it to work in the PC version, and it's sweet.
Post Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:00 pm
Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

I´ll look into that, thank you Jaz. I managed to find a voicepack making the old commentator come back, at least in the "headshot" and "doublekill" comments. Other than that, mutators and mods still seem pretty scarce, and I´m eagerly awaiting the release of Troopers.

CrossTopicBaner
Post Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:15 pm
crpgnut
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I'm playing Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny currently. It's a new game from Sir-Tech Actually it's a game from 1993 when crpgs were tough to complete and winning through to the end meant something. Games like Knights of Legend, ROA, Darklands, etc. are hard! ROA is especially tough because illness and disease are very real in the game and can disable or even kill a party member. You MUST make sure when creating your party to
have characters skilled in combatting these everyday problems. You can die of hunger or thirst, get completely lost, get frostbite if you're not properly equipped. Your travels can be stopped completely if a bridge is out, forcing the party to make a temporary bridge out of rope. If you're not carrying rope, you'll have to turn back. It wouldn't be fun if every game was this realistic, but it is a refreshingly nice change of pace. I've been playing retro for the last couple of months, so this is what else is on my hard drive:
1. Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny
2. Challenge of the Five Realms
3. Knights of Legend
4. Prelude to Darkness (Shareware Game)
5. Alternate Reality: The City (can't get it to run )
6. Morrowind (I can't find my cd though, bummer! I paid $100 for this game too!)
7. Avernum 3 (Shareware Game)
Post Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:32 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

The retroest games on my HDD would be Wolfenstein 3D, Spear of Destiny, Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold and Corridor 7... none of them RPGs. The oldest RPG on my HDD is Daggerfall, or, if you count that, Shadowcaster (which is even older).
Post Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:35 pm
lestat14
Tremere Vampire

I am currently playing:
Arx Fatalis(Very Nice Game)
TES: Morrowind(i am going to be hooked on this one for a long time)
Vampire: The Masqurade Redemption(Good Game)
thaz it i think.......this is not all of my games..just the ones i am playing at the moment.....
Lestat
Post Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:39 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 36, 37, 38  Next