Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Redoran Helmet... I screwed up and need a hint!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Aslan

Redoran Helmet... I screwed up and need a hint!

I snatched the helmet from the dresser in the Redoran district and sold it. Now, when I even so much as TALK to a guard, they say I'm wearing some of their sacred armor and want to kill me on the spot!

I even tried buying the helmet back from the vendor and replacing it on the dresser, but it didn't fix things. This screws up the first Morag Tong mission as well.

I got the impression from another post that there may be a mission to steal the helmet? Can someone point me in the right direction?

I'd HATE to start over after coming so far...
Post Sun May 12, 2002 5:21 am

weregamer

Requested spoiler and some related ones

1) This is something like the second quest from the Thieves' Guild in Ald'ruhn.

2) If the guards say you are wearing a piece of their sacred armor, you are probably wearing a piece of their sacred armor. If you sold the helm, that is NOT what they are talking about. Are you wearing any of their special bonemold-style armor?

3) There is at least one other of these helmets, but it's much harder to get to. It's in Venim Manor.

4) So far a *lot* of Thieves' Guild quests, not all from Ald'ruhn, go into the manor district of Ald'ruhn. If you are in the Thieves' Guild, it's probably a good idea NOT to loot the manor district until you are done with a bunch of quests there. Otherwise you may be chasing sold items for days.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 4:39 pm

I've even stripped down NAKED and I still get attacked as soon as I talk to a guard. This wouldn't be such a big deal, except for the fact that it screws up the first Morag Tong quest. I assume that you just kill the guy (since you have no "taunt" opions) and when the guards try to arrest you, you give them the writ. Well, when they catch me they attack me because of the armor thing.

I'm trying to find the person (Crazy Legs?) in Vivec that can get rid of bounties on your head so I can kill a few guards and still be able to walk around freely afterwards.

Anyone know where this person is?
Post Sat May 18, 2002 4:20 pm

Zombra
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Removing Bounty

"Crazy Legs" is, I believe, in a bookstore in the basement of the Foreign Quarter in Vivec. You have to go through a locked door to find him as I recall. There are also at least two others who can remove the price on your head: the bartender guy in the basement of the South Wall in Balmora, or Tongue-Toad the Argonian at the Rat in the Pot tavern in Ald'ruhn. You may have to be a member of the Thieves' Guild for them to remove your bounty, though.

Hope this helps.
Zombra
Post Sat May 18, 2002 10:57 pm