Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
How do you restore Spell School drains??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Shadeling
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

How do you restore Spell School drains??

I'm at my wits end here. It's obvious how one restores attribute drains with restore potions, spells, etc. I realized that my character Illusion stat has been drained and restore Magicka does not work for this drain. I haven't been able to find a temple shrine that will restore it either.

Anyone have any idea about this?
Post Wed May 22, 2002 6:42 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

Are you trying to say that you actually got a skill to drain and not an atribute? I have never had that happen nor heard anyone talk about it. I don't know about that, sorry
Post Wed May 22, 2002 6:46 pm
Shadeling
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Yes! That's exactly what I'm saying. I haven't heard of this happening either. Figures I'd be the one who'd get a weird glitch like this *sniffle*.

My character is a Nightblade too, so it isn't like the Illusion spell school ain't important or anything. I hope someone has information on how to correct this. If it is a bug, is it possible to go into the TES Construction Set and change it back?
Post Wed May 22, 2002 6:52 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well unless someone tells me I am wrong I will say that it is a bug. Is yoru illusion stat in red because that would really mean that it was drained somehow. If not that just push the ~ to pop up the control console then:

'player->SetIllusion"50"'

where 50 would be what ever your illusion is supposed to be, but pls use this when you have really had enough and can't think of anything else. I am sorry I can only supply you with a cheap because I hate using them.
Post Wed May 22, 2002 7:01 pm
Shadeling
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Yeah, it's in red. It's one of my major skills and it's all the way down to 30. I had it trained to 55. Talk about a major drain.

Thanks for the command. I'll wait a bit and see if I can find any info on the Bethesda forum as well. As of yet, I've been unable to so it really seems like it may be a bug.
Post Wed May 22, 2002 8:07 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

If it is in red, then it must have been drained from a mob or an item or something. That is so weird. I hope you find out what happened and if you do post it here so we all know about it.
Post Wed May 22, 2002 8:11 pm
SoftWhistler

This wasn't the result of ending up in jail was it? I thought you could only lose skill levels by going there in lieu of paying a fine if you stole something and it got reported.... If it was, you'd have to earn it back up again wouldn't you?
Post Wed May 22, 2002 8:24 pm

freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

I have heard of losing skill from rotting in jail but she probably would of said that if she did....but good idea.
Post Wed May 22, 2002 8:26 pm
Shadeling
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Nope, never been jailed. I figured that skill level loss from being jailed wouldn't show up as red. My character isn't cursed and I checked all her items to see if she was using something that penalized her Illusion skill and found nothing. It is really weird.
Post Wed May 22, 2002 9:26 pm