How to get trained in whatever fast & efficiently
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
LORD_LSD
City Guard
City Guard

How to get trained in whatever fast & efficiently

First a few words on how and why i know all this, it's by experience. I've played allmost 20h a day, and my characters journey hasn't even begun.
I made dark elves to be more like the elves that i'm familiar with (Tolkien) so gave them 75 res disease & 25 res magic. Lowered srtenght & speed & raised agility, also put luck at 50 as i see it as a neutral value.
Next i created my character - an dark elf shadowmaster, that is one of the few elite assassins in Tamriel (i made a full backround for my char, and the raising of certain stats to certain lvls was part of the training he "had" before taking the quest - Sayda neen as traininground.

I've just started the main quest, and i'm now lvl 25, and all but willpower are @ 100, oddly enough i had strange trouble raising some stats.
STR: after 95 if i get 10 skillpoints it resets to x0 and stays there
- solution: get 8 skillpoints, and x4, put the remaining point in later
INT: the same as above
PER: actually lifted this by accident to 104, remains to see if it can be figher.
- HOW: It was 95, and i assumed that if i got the 10xskill it would reset to 0xpoints so i took only 4 points in it. At the next lvl up i had been playing quite a while and apparently gotten atleast 10 skillpoints from mercantile, because it gave me the option to put 5 points in PER allthough it was allready 99. (merc is a misc skill for me btw)
AGI: same as STR
END: no problems, got this to 100 by the time i was lvl 7
SPD: no problems here either, allthough the easiest attribute to rise and the most useless.

I won't be saying what to pick as what - do that yourself, but heres how to train what as fast as you can:

The training program:
(and remember you can sleep anywhere if the beds owner doesn't see you)

STR:
axe,l-blabe,maces,armorer
Buy a cheap axe and go smacking mudcrabs
END:
heavy/med armor, spear
wear heavy/med armor & let those mudcrabs bite (slaughterfish 4-6 of them & you'll advance in a flash)
or smack stuff with spear
INT:
Buy a spell governing INT, make spell of it that has 0 everything. Cast until mana is spent, rest & repeat
Another variate is to steal/get a powrfull soulgem from Balmora mages guild, go to the temple & make an item with a power but castingcost of 1 - then you just equip that item & hack the key that activates it & rest untill its reharged & repeat - this is the cheapest way to raise enchant skill at the same time.
EDIT: Alchemy does wonders. Just get yourself some alchemy gear (in one of the mages guild you'll find some unguarded) and start making healthpotions. not only do you get mercantile up for buying the ingredients, you also get alchemy up for making potions, and to top that you get more mercantile skill for selling those obsolite potions(you make better and better as your skill increases) to get the cash to buy more ingredients and so on. This is THE fastest way to get INT up.
WIL:
Same as above
PER:
Illusion spells govern personality, but if your not a magical type - try bartering. Get anything from anywhere and sell & buy.
Basics: put enough to sell so you get around 10 gold, reduce the amount by 1 & click offer untill accepted. If shopkeepers get pissed at you (dislike) just exit & enter the barter again - now they like you just as much as before the bartering.
SPD:
Most might say "run, Forrest, run", but if you really dont want to spend the next 10 hours by running do you?
Get naked. Let everything hit you plenty.
Hit them back.
Unarmed & unarmored are both speed skills and advance fast.
AGI:
Get chitin/fur armor & let everything hit you
2 alternatives: 1 if you are a marksman use bow, but that takes ages to advance. 2 get behind a shopkeeper and start sneaking, after a few seconds the icon shouls start to flicker on and off (if you are at the right distance, balmora pawnbroker at the foot of the steps is great for low sneak), when it flickers, just bind your crouch key to space, and put a book or something to keep it down - go make some coffee, or take a walk.

Thats about it, if some would find this faulty/in need of improvement - please go ahead. hope this helps.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 3:19 am
Ruby
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Please help.

Hi, I am having trouble with the sneak skill. Is it ok if the vendor sees you enter the store ? How far back from them should you stand before you wedge the key down ? I just can't seem to get it to work. My sneak skill is currently 5.

Thanks.
Post Sun Jun 23, 2002 1:15 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

It will be very difficult to boost a skill at that level. May I suggest that you train it up to 15 or so before you try the wedged key approach?
Post Sun Jun 23, 2002 2:53 pm
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

trainers are cheap at low levels, if you advance trainers will be more expensive.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Sun Jun 23, 2002 3:32 pm