I found orc slayer...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Phonos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I found orc slayer...

In a temple in the highlands and has 65 dmg and need 65 strenght. But theres one problem, im lvl 7 and have 40 lp's avable and 30 str, so the question goes like this: Is it a smart to use 35 of those lp's on strenght for the Orc slayer right now? If not which level would u prefer using so much lp's on strenght? (My current wepon is the one Peck gives you when u get him out of the brothel where he's having "sex" with one of the hoes .)
Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:22 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

Well the rignt moment to use the dragon slicer is the time the game "wants"
you to find the dragon slicer.I mean that there is a certain mission in a certain
chapter where you get an Old Map from Brahim the chartographer.On the Old Map is marked the location of the Dragon Slicer.
Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:49 pm
Phonos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Please answer my question . Some tiem, u will get over 100 strenght anyway if youre a Paladin like me and i was wondering if it was smart to use these strenght points right now(im sure the Dragon Slicer is about chapter 3-5 and n4eed's more than 65 strenght, and that orc slayer could maybe help me clear the lighthouse .
Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:12 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

dont spent all the "Learning Points" in strenght spent it to:
1)strenght,2)mana,)other things(mana because of the paladins runes)
As for the light house use a bow or other tricks that are alrady mentioned in other threads.(tricks like:lure the bandits away one by one and kill them,lure them again and let the hunter who sits nearby to kill them,try to make them fall down of the cliff,use the wooden constructions as a shield and take them down with bow....and much more use your fantasy as you arer playing a fantasy game....)
Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:18 pm
Phonos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Answer my question please im sure U wont find Dragon slicer before 3-5 chapter and im sure a paladin needs more than 65 strenght sometime anyay .
Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:34 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

....aaa you cant read I am afraid.....well I didnt need too much strenght as a paladin 70 strengh or 75 I dont remember was enought for me cause I used the one-handed bleesed sword of paladins.....despite the fact that in the end I had over 100 strenght in due the permant strenght potions and the potions from the monastery I used LP for mana Holy Arrow/BanishEvil/Destrroy Evil
more power full than the Dragon Slicer and usefull at the Island.....
as for using the D.S. in early chapters ecxept that you have a very good weapon nothing else you will loose for a big time the opportunity to learn other things alchemy/forging weapons/mana/weapons-bows skills and others
like pickpocketing and lockpicking and you need those things for sure....
I hope I answered to your question now.....
Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:42 pm
Phonos
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Sooooory but i though that the first post didn't come out since i could not see it. (probably a bugg.)Neither ur answer to the post i could not see .
Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:21 pm
Bytespawn
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

You guys are confusing the Dragon Slicer with The Orc Slayer i think. You can find them both, but this is explained a lot on this forum, use the search function in the forum.
Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:48 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

lol these two are just bickering:
YES, use your LPs to get your str but: Suprise!! In Chap 1 no one will train you past 60. So, get str to 60 and save your dragonroots or save your games before you go pray at the statues. Whatever you do you want to get that Orcslayer in your hands asap, its the only weapon you'll need until its time to consecrate your sword.

And that map brahmin is selling is not pointing to Dragon Slicer its pointing to: Suprise!!! Orc Slayer And its not a quest given by Bramir its a quest given by Hannah to get some old documents, only if you happen to check it out before giving it back to her would you even know that its actually a treasure map

This is a spoiler thread, stop holding back on the guy! lol

Since you are very young in the game now, dont waste points by spreading them all over your stats, max out str and save all your dragon roots and praying till you CANT spend LP on str anymore, then devour all the potions, elixirs, roots, and praying you want for a mega beast warrior.
you only need 15 mana and thats for the best ( Greater Heal) rune and that heals you for 400 a clip so even 30-45 Mana is plenty for a Paladin.

I wouldnt put 1 point into bow/Xbow cause you'll never *need* it. The only times you might want to use it will be when you are perched up high on some ledge where safety is guaranteed and you have all the time in the world to pluck at them (ie the base of the ram leading to the castle)
I ended my game with 96 Dex and I only raised it to 50 to get through some of the thieves quests early on. Ev erything else was found (berries, jewelry, elixirs)
If you think you have some LPs you can spare, get LP, Sneaking and Pickpocketing...will the the best 15 LPs you ever spent and will keep you with money all the time.

I tried for the well roundd character, but you'll be level 74 before you get that.
Best to get your primary attack skills to a comfortable level, then start smoothing out the rough spots in your char
Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:36 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

I wrote that you get the Old Map from Brahim not the quest...
next time read it dont bit it.By the time who gives a $hit how the sword is called .....the point is that Phonos understand what I was talking about.....
Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:20 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

but he probably didnt
like most who read it as well, myself included
and thats probably why after 3 of your posts he was still looking for the answer
this being "Gothic 2: Spoilers", I spelled it out for him.

Last edited by Shrapnel on Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:48 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

Not my problem.......maybe there is something in the air you breath
and now time for another member's sig
"....just watch out and dont stress yourself...."
Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:53 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

quote:
Originally posted by balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Not my problem.......maybe there is something in the air you breath
and now time for another member's sig

I've read your posts, many dont make sense and you seem to like to bicker
And the air of here is fine, thanks.
And technically, no, its NOT your problem if he cant understand you.
It IS a problem to him since he'd still be stuck at square one trying to decipher through those posts u made
so yes, I think a deep breath and maybe some decaffinated coffee is whats best for you right about now
Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:59 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

Once again:
quote:
Originally posted by balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe

Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:11 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

It's true, BtB, your posts generally are difficult to read, especially since you tend to adress many different topics in one post instead of sticking to the topic/question at hand. And attacking other forum goers is a definite 'no-no'.

And now cut it, people.
If you absolutely want to fight, do it elsewhere, preferrably by PM/Mail.
Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:12 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next