Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Can't enter yellow tulip (Slight give away of plot/spoiler)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
rowland
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Can't enter yellow tulip (Slight give away of plot/spoiler)

Does the Yellow Tulip close for periods during the game or is this a bug?
I have been into it several times now in the past but have just reached the point where I have talked to Erzog and got the password. Now when I come back to the Tulip I can't open the door from the outpost to the small tunnel to the Tulip main door. I've been off and talked to characters, explored new levels and generally passed quite a lot of game time and each time I check back it is still closed.

I'm on patch level 1.15.

Thanks,
Rowland
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 10:50 am
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

That's interesting... Perhaps you need to finish the Shany quest first? Have you finished it? If you have no idea wjat I'm talking about, try going back to the shop which had a little girl walking around in front of it. The general shop basically.
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 2:11 pm
Kris
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Door?

Are you sure that you haven't been rattling the wrong handle?

From memory you come over the bridge from the Outpost (that seems somewhat massacre prone), turn right and then take the second tunnel on your left (which the last time I went there was fairly blood splattered on the ground).

As you travel along the "shoreline" towards the pub there is indeed a door straight in front of you, but it doesn't lead to the pub - the tunnel just to the left of it does.

Look for the dog out the front of the pub entrance (I always give him something to eat and he then follows me for a short while )
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 4:39 pm
rowland
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hehe.

Humiliation time for another Village Dweller.
OK, I'm just unable to remember where I should go OR use the map...

Sorry for that little aberation and thanks for the help.

Rowland
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 6:04 pm
Kris
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

You're welcome.

It takes a mighty warrior to be able to admit that they got something wrong, and post some thanks. You'll go far.

I found the maps pretty darned hard to follow too - even after printing a full set out. The thing that flummoxed me every time was trying to remember which set of stairs led to which part of which level.

I frequently ended up on the right level, but the totally wrong part of it, and unable to reach my goal....

But as I'm now tottering into the foothill of Mount Senility, at 56, moth-holes in the memory banks are a regular occurrence.
Post Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:44 am
sunshine
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

on a side note... how Do you open the big double doors by the outpost?
Post Mon Jan 27, 2003 10:10 pm
Kris
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by sunshine
on a side note... how Do you open the big double doors by the outpost?

It's not necessary to open them.

SPOILER

However, for those who just must get them open, King Lunshire has a key that will unlock them.

Presumably you can pickpocket him to get it, although I didn't have the skills to try that.

So - just to try it out - I killed him and took the key (very satisfying to commit regicide on the twerp, but it's probably somewhat unwise if you want the plot to continue to unfold in the regular way).

But when I opened the door all that happened was that I got a scene of my character getting fried (or to be precise - frozen) and dying. (I tried a disable trap scroll, but with no luck).

Not sure if pickpockets get the same treatment, or if there is any way to survive opening the doors, but it's definitely non essential in the game (which I've now finished).

Anybody else tried opening them?
Post Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:06 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

My guess is that these doors are the ones leading outside...

From what I understand it's pretty darn cold out there... Would make sense for you to freeze.

Bit too bad though that in regards to the game there ARE people wondering outside (properly equipped).

I'm guessing if there's a sequel we'll be able to travel between differnt underground cities like that...

Sure hope so anyway, seems like a nice world to run about. Well, not exactly "nice", but rather interesting
Post Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:15 pm
Kris
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks Red - that's a very plausible explanation. I reckon you're right.

Those "Travellers" would need a way of getting in and out, and your idea of a sequel where we get to do just that sounds great.

Here's hoping.
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:14 am
sunshine
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

WOW!, i must try this....
Post Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:04 am