Do you fear the reaper?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
OhBrandi
The Pun-Slayer
The Pun-Slayer

Do you fear the reaper?

I read that some folk are being 'followed' in the game. Since I don't have sound, I can't enjoy that particular weirdness, however, I'd like to share a story that had me freaked out!

Whilst creeping through the sewers of a certain city, in search of a not too reputable personage that I must needs speak with, I was attacked. The attack was a surprise as it was a woman I'd never spoken to or heard of prior to this nasty meeting.

She was quite good, a warrior to test my skills with protective armor and magics that made for a very difficult fight. After many blows on each side, she seemed to run out of healing potions or perhaps mana, and her speech became more and more derogatory, an indication (I hoped) that she was fast approaching the end of her life. As I quaffed the last of my healing potions, I struck once more and she fell.

Reeling from exhaustion and still stunned, I quickly looked around for more enemies, finding nothing but a locked door. I slept for a while and woke refreshed and renewed. Now for that door.

This being the first truly challenging encounter since I had come to the land of Morrowind, I eyed the door with a mixture of dread and anticipation.

Once thru the door, I faced 3 warriors that made quick work of me, and if not for some electronic god, I would have left the land of Morrowind forever. Given a second chance, I quickly changed tactics to force each foul denizen to face me one by one. Each encounter lasted several minutes, yet triumphant did I stand over their naked and bleeding bodies.

Just before leaving, I spied some gems in an offering bowl. Diamonds, rubies, ahh....ebony. I dropped them into my waiting sack, and then...

Oh, let's just say that even a stone deity cares not for thefts from it's alter plate.

Kaitlin the Darkeyed

=Member of The Nonflamers' Guild=
=Neverwinter Nights Co-Moderator=
Post Wed May 15, 2002 12:19 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I ran into a similar fight in the sewers. Yes... that little surprise at the end was interesting. Fortunately my brave (and brainless) Argonian Pearl Diver figured using his magical pokey-stabby stick had worked on the other guys so it would on this one too. Insert pokey-stabby in foe until they stop hitting. Right. Sleep... long, long nap afterwards...

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed May 15, 2002 12:25 pm
Uruz
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Must be fun

The longest of my battles last 15 seconds

And not because they beat my arse to a pulp

Because I beat their's to a pulp

And that 15 second fight I am talking about

That's 2 Dremora, and a Telvani mage

And I am barely scratched afterwards

I am the Reaper

It is boring after you get over the power trip

Point of this story, do most the main quest/quests before you get to level 25+. Maybe I'll switch to fighting with a dagger for a challenge

Is there any mods yet that increase the enemy difficulty better according to your ability/skill? I would really appreciate that.

I remember my first time in a Daedric shrine. Killed two worshipers who attacked me and I was half dead. Then I noticed a shiny green glass dagger sticking from a skeleton under the stonee statue... A soon as a grabbed it, I was attacked with fire and turned to come face-to-face with a Dremora Lord. Safe to say I wasn't sticking around to party. I ran my butt out of there as fast as my level 5 legs would carry me Managed to get out alive and sell that dagger for a pretty penny.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 1:17 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I was thinking of writing a mod that would add 80 levels to every creature in the game... not a plug in to load for the faint of heart....

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed May 15, 2002 1:51 pm
Uruz
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

What level is a Golden Saint or Dremora by default?

The only creature I've came across that still deals a fair amount of damage is the Daedroth with the poison attack which I could partially resist by making an enchanted constant effect poison shield.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 4:50 pm
OhBrandi
The Pun-Slayer
The Pun-Slayer

reply in story

More than anything, this was my bid to get folk to talk about other cool things that have happened to them in Morrowind.

Not as a spoiler, just as a way of showing off the really cool parts of Morrowind.

=Member of The Nonflamers' Guild=
=Neverwinter Nights Co-Moderator=
Post Wed May 15, 2002 8:58 pm