Unofficial Fixes Required After Patch?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Finn The Fairly Dark Mage
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Unofficial Fixes Required After Patch?

I have successfully applied the US patch to my UK version of Morrowind. The question I have relates to all the "unofficial" quest fixes which were available before the patch was released. I dutifully downloaded and installed all of these fixes, but now that I am all patched up, which ones do I still need? Specifically, which quests have not been fixed by the patch?
Post Wed Jun 26, 2002 8:52 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I think that all known bugs (and those with unofficial patches were well known) were fixed in patch.
Ofcourse there will be more bugs in this game and new unofficial patches and then new official patch.
Post Wed Jun 26, 2002 9:03 am
sa'adia

Patch for UK version

How did you get the US patch to work on the UK version? When I tried it it stalled & said that it couldn't find a certain file. I emailed tech support & they said the US patch wouldn't work with the UK version & they had no ide when a UK patch would come out.
Post Wed Jun 26, 2002 12:53 pm

Mattias Kreku
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Is there a difference between the UK version of the game and the version that was imported into Sweden? The patch worked fine for me. And where can you see what version you have bought? It says nothing on the box or in the bundle of papers that came with the game? (But I can order a Morrowind t-shirt.. if I REALLY want to look like a geek)
Post Wed Jun 26, 2002 2:25 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by Mattias Kreku
(But I can order a Morrowind t-shirt.. if I REALLY want to look like a geek)

Do it, I think it will suit you well.
Post Wed Jun 26, 2002 2:38 pm
Finn The Fairly Dark Mage
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

In reply to sa'adia - the US pack *will* work on the UK/European version, after a fashion. The patch is able to update all the UK version files, except the Morrowind Launcher.exe file. This I think is probably due to the SafeDisc wrapper or something. Any way, all you have to do is run the patch and click OK when it says "Could not find old file, but a file of the same name was found". This drops you back to the patch application, where it will be procressing Morrowind.BSA and be at 33%. It *looks* like its crashed at this point, but it hasn't. If you check your HDD light you'll see it flashing away like a mad thing. This file needs a lot of processing. Just leave it be, and eventually you'll see a message saying that the patch installed successfully. It took my XP1800+ nearly 9 minutes to get past 33%, but I've done it three times now just to check it wasn't a fluke. I think you then need to start the game by double clicking on Morrowind.exe rather than Morrowind Launcher.exe, but I have to admit I haven't checked. Hope this helps.
Post Wed Jun 26, 2002 3:26 pm
sa'adia

Thanks - I tried your idea & it seems to have worked.
Post Thu Jun 27, 2002 12:10 pm