Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
A Shadows Failed Quest
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

It all started when I began a New Game. I don't know what I was thinking but I wanted to take the path of the Shadow and maybe later become something higher. After joining the Old Camp I begun to work for Gomez doing the usual. Much later I was given the opportunity to become a guard or firemage, I declined to both thinking something might be diffrent if I just stayed a Shadow (my first mistake). About this time I mastered the one-handed weapon and was carrying around Lares' Axe, curtiousy of Lares (mistake number two). After completing Saturas's Quest Gorn and I set out for the Free Mine, However I lied to Gorn and Forced him to follow me to the Old Camp. Little did Gorn know I was responsible for the slaughter of the Free Mine. Anyway at the Old Camp Gorn avenged the Free mine and ran amuck. We got seperated and last I heard he and Gomez were going at it. It was then that met up with dusty and remeberd my New Souls Quest. It took some patience and a couple of socks to the stomache (to prevent the digger flex and run) and to get his attention. Nevertheless I took him to the Swamp Camp (mistake number three). Dusty didn't feel the same way about the Sleeper as did the novices. He pulled a Gorn and ran amuck hitting anyone who prayed to the Sleeper. I got stuck cleaning up his dirty work; fencing off the templers from going after Dusty, keeping Dusty away from the Gurus and being attacked by Gurus after fencing off templers (mistake # 4). Lets just say I awoke in a puddle of my own blood with no weapon and no ore. After walking a beaten and batterd Dusty around the outskirts of the Swamp I managed to lead him to his tutor. Now Lets jump back a step. After I was banished I re-entered the OC by way of the bloodfly just in time to knock down the south gate guards and re open the south gate. this made it possible for Gorn and I to enter. But because I was banished as a shadow and was on bad terms with Lares I could not join the New Camp nor could I learn any magic. Also this ment I had no hope of learning how to wield a Two-Handed sword. It didn't really matter until I needed to fight Apocalyptic Templers and Crazed novices, But it gets Worse. I foolishly open the outside-most shrines leaving the middle one to be opened last. With Everyone but Kor Collom in the Picure I run to the last shrine and do a quick save (all my saves are in one slot). My logic in this is that I can defeat the sleeper w/o having to deal with the demons (my fatal mistake). Returning to battle I find that the sleeper has awoke and relocated
Before I can pierce the last heart, I am cast under the sleepers spell forcing me to remain still while I get pumbled by fireballs. About this time (just before I loose my last ounce of life) I am gouged by the Demons and recieve the Final blow from about seven Crazed novices all while I burn from the Sleepers Fireballs.
All of my hard work ends in turmoil, as I find that my last save would be my final destruction, which was built upon a foundation of mistakes.
Post Tue Mar 19, 2002 6:42 pm

Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I could say you should have know better, but I don't think I will. You have learned your lesson the hard way.

Post Tue Mar 19, 2002 6:49 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

That's a very nice ( in the sense of talented storyteller) tale. Too bad it's true... my heart bleeds for you.
Staying a shadow wouldn't have been too bad hadn't you become enemies with NC as well.

Still, I hope you now see the wisdom of having more than one save slot in use...

[ This Message was edited by: Jaz on 2002-03-19 12:53 ]
Post Tue Mar 19, 2002 6:52 pm
Airk
Commander*Warrior*Rogue
Commander*Warrior*Rogue

You'll feel that in the morning.

(to prevent the digger flex and run)
That's a good one.

Post Tue Mar 19, 2002 7:00 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

To say fighting the crazed novices as the Digger willl be difficult will be a cosmic understatement. Especially if I can't beat Jackal and his boys in front of the New Mine.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Tue Mar 19, 2002 7:48 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

You have Gorn. Use him, then.

Post Tue Mar 19, 2002 7:50 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

By the time he pops up saying "I heard fighting..." and butchers them all... Jackal has put his crossbow to good use.

But yes... I'm trying to lure Gorn down sooner.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Tue Mar 19, 2002 7:54 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

I turned tails before people knew what was going on, zig-zagging my way up... Gorn never said anything about hearing the fighting, he simply jumped into the fray when the wild hunt passed underneath his location.

Post Tue Mar 19, 2002 7:57 pm