Usergroups
scary moments
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
darkmage
City Guard
City Guard

when i first played gothic and didnt know my way around or anything i was on my way from the sc and i was going through the huge forest when i saw a pack of wolves, so naturally i ran my ass of. i must have gotten distract by the wolves biting at my ass because i took a wrong turn and came to a tower that i later found out was the fog tower. well the wolves stoped chasing me so i decided to be adventurous and so i opended the door, i was terrified i climed up the lader and then back down, then i went down the stairs and saw a skiny figure with an axe, i tried to talk to it but it didnt talk back, it just choped my face off and walked away, yes it was the first skelington i ever saw, it sucked. what was your scariest first time expierience playing gothic

Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 6:05 am
Paladin1124
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Mine would have to be one time when I was not that experienced,and wandered not far into the woods to kill some scavengers. While I was taking their meat,I heard something behind me and spun around, only to be see a shadowbeast right on top of me and charging.
Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 2:29 pm
Cheapy
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

bah! Pissing off all the guards in Old Camp...

No I didn't do that but...

Anywyas, probably seeing my first Minecrawler, I had no torch and my Bow was out to see ahead, and BAM!
Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 3:23 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

For me it was walking into the Orc town with the Ulu-mulu for the first time. It about scared me to death when all the Orcs charged me and started waving their arms and doing that ook-chuk-chuk chant! My mind flashed back to Gorn saying he didn't think the Ulu-mulu would work, and I so thought it wasn't working! Even once I realized it was working, I was really nervous walking around with all the Orcs chasing me.

''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 3:51 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

The first time I stumbled upon a Bloodhound. "What the Hell...?!" *CHOMP*

Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 4:09 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

My first minecrawler was quite a scare for me as well.

Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 4:34 pm
Divine
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

The scariest was awakening after Bullit's punch in the face. I thought Jiz, this bunch of criminals is going to beat the shit out of me. And when Diego was gone the way to the OC scared the hell out of me. The rest was a christmas party.

To be honest, a couple of dark nights in the Orcland were quite scary, and a a bunch of Orc dogs on the other side of the reaver just between the paths to the SC and the Fog Tower.
Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 5:06 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Generally I felt the game to be more painful than scary. Thief was a game that scared me witless, in Gothic I tended to suffer a lot of mental anguish .
Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 5:11 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

When deciding to travel back to the Old Camp from the Sect, at night, at level 6 or so. It was fine until I took that right turn into the forest and completly missed the beach that was cleared out. Many wolves.
Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 6:13 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

The first zombie death scream I ever heard was at like 3 am with the volume much too loud. It was the only time I jumped playing Gothic.

Though for lingering sense of apprehension... an Orc hot on your heels is pretty tense.

Not really scary... but tense. You know if you slip or hit an obsticle... it's going to carve you in half.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 6:28 pm
the COOH
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

The scariest moment for me, would have to be my first encounter with a swampshark.

I felt adventurous, so I went into the swamp. I saw that swampshark, I tried to hurt but couldn't. So I left the swamp, it wasn't casing me, so I just strolled along. I tried to clime back up onto that log, to get back into the SC, but fell into the water. So, I walked through the water and ended up at a dead end that I couldn't clime out of. I turned around to go back and:

"Holy sh*, a swampshark!" It had followed me and I was trapped! I just about fell out of my chair!

I had no were to go, and I didn't have anything that would hurt it. Lets just say it scared the sh* out of me!

Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 6:48 pm
Krycek
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

The scarryiest moment was when I saw a shadowbeast,also I've walk in the orcland (where Pancho is) and then returning in speed in the Oc with a orc on my tale,I'm thinking that if I managed to enter OC the guards will take care of him and I've stopped right in the front gate,but the orc was just behind me and slash me,after that the guards kill him.

Post Sat Mar 09, 2002 11:40 pm
The Hulk
Avenger, Defender
Avenger, Defender

The thing that scared me most in Gothic was the first time I was attacked by an orc and heard that battle roar they make.

Post Sun Mar 10, 2002 1:30 am
Phil, the Prince of Insuf
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

My scariest Gothic moment was probably when I was first starting out, and I was walking on the path to the Old Mine at night. I had never been there, so the whole atmosphere was kind of creepy. I see a wolf, and think "Oh shit!" But it was too late, and he comes over and bites me. I'm trying to parry it, when another one dives on my head! I yelled Oh sh...aaagh! (My parents were in the next room.) Then, another one jumps from the other ledge near me, and I die reeeaal quick! This might also go up as one of my coolest Gothic moments, just how they staged an ambush on me like that.
Post Sun Mar 10, 2002 4:27 am
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

I swam up the river to the Old Mine, lest I get eaten.
Post Sun Mar 10, 2002 4:31 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next