Addon-Mod Thank You thread
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Rubix³
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Addon-Mod Thank You thread

First of all, if anyone is DYING to play the addon and hasn't gotten the German one yet - GET IT. It is WELL WORTH the lack of spoken English.

We're not certain whether or not the addon will ever be released in English. The game works wonderfully with the translation mod - I've been able to keep up with the story completely. Plus, the German language is so fantastic it actually works out nicely. All of the German voice actors are great, and it's cool to hear what the hero (and others) "originally"sound like.

NOTR gives Gothic 2 a completely different "mood" imo. It it adds SO MUCH to the game and it makes the game harder. ie: I've gotten so much better at melee fighting since installing the addon. All the new characters are interesting, and the decisions you’re presented with are harder and more final. The addon hasn't lost any 'heart' at all - you still feel as though the story is perfectly intact.

BEST GAME EVER

I know this is old news to most of you, but every Gothic fan HAS to have it. Stop waiting! Order the German one, and apply the translation mod - believe me, it's worth it. I'm hooked - so much so, I had to post this.

I am so grateful to ALL of the following who took place in this honorable act of kindness: Tiamat, Gornsbestmate, Draakan, Xerxes712, Spunior, Eloroi, Fallenadi, Dawil, Whailor, Magasun, and Lemminkainen.

You have done an excellent service.
Thank you thank you thank you thank you. Thanks for the time you took, thanks for your desire to include us non-German speaking folk in this addon.

What you all did for us was very cool, and it will not be forgotten. Thanks again.

Last edited by Rubix³ on Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:50 pm
tolgerias
High Emperor
High Emperor

Yes yEs yeS this sounds good. i think im gonna buy the german version after all. First i wanted to wait for the english version but the chanche that it will be released gets smaller every day, so i go for the german version + trans mod today!!
Post Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:05 pm
DuskDweller
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: Addon-Mod Thank You thread

quote:
Originally posted by Rubix³

I am so grateful to ALL of the following who took place in this honorable act of kindness: Tiamat, Gornsbestmate, Draakan, Xerxes712, Spunior, Eloroi, Fallenadi, Dawil, Whailor, Magasun, and Lemminkainen.

You have done an excellent service.
Thank you thank you thank you thank you. Thanks for the time you took, thanks for your desire to include us non-German speaking folk in this addon.

What you all did for us was very cool, and it will not be forgotten. Thanks again.

Post Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:13 pm
maic_ro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I really think this was a greate thing you have done and (this beeing the only way to express our gratitude, if there another let us know) just beeing a part of this (as a player) puted me in a good mood...
Post Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:13 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

Here Here!

I have just ordered the Gold Edition myself and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. So I would also like to thank everyone who had a hand in the translation mod. All of your hard work is highly appreciated =0).

Now wheres the cake...
Post Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:20 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Good to hear that people like it

We know that there are still typos and errors in it, and they have been fleshed out in general by large, just that the files need to be gone over once more and adjust where it's needed. That final adjustment would be.. well, just that, final, as literally all typos and errors were fleshed out and text adjusted, where needed.

Now, we just need to get a moment of free time to actually do the final check(s) and get the final patch out...
Post Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:20 pm
Rubix³
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

No rush man - really. The typos are few and far between. Even with them, it's perfectly clear what's being said. You've already done so much.

Post Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:57 pm