Usergroups
Cant fighure out how to get items out of chests and cant fin
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Makar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I just installed Gothioc today. I cant figure out how to take items from chests and put them in my inventory and also I cant find Old Camp....or atleast I dont think I did...
Post Mon Dec 31, 2001 4:53 am
Chewriter
Village Leader
Village Leader

Ok, for moving items:
There is an action key (I've remapped mine, so I don't remember the default) While holding down the action key, depress the -> directional key (whatever key that is mapped for you to move to the right or sidestep right)

The path you are shown by Diego will take you all the way down the mountain. You'll run into a couple of hunters (Dax is the name of one of them). Continue on until you get to a small bridge with two guards. The camp should be in plain view at this point.

Hope that helps
Post Mon Dec 31, 2001 6:00 am
Makar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ahh thanks. I thought that was the old camp....thats where I was when I posted Thanks. Hopefully I can get that whole take items from chest thing working hehe.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2001 6:08 am
Brak
City Guard
City Guard

I would suggest the following...go to the keyboard options and at the bottom choose alternate setup (or some such similar thing). This will make the keyboard and mouse act very much like most first person shooter games. Then it is easy to tell you exactly how to do almost anything. Just so we are on the same page, moving forward would be the W key at this point...S is backward, mouse left is turn left, mouse right is turn right, A key is sidestep left, D is sidestep right. Ok, to move from the chest to your inventory - use the W and S keys (up & down, forward and back) to select different items in the chest; to move a selected item from the chest to your inventory left click your mouse (the use key) and while holding down the left mouse button push the D key. This will move ten items or less at a time. Use the A key to move things from your inventory into a chest. Trading works almost the same way. When you find someone with items to trade you do the same thing except the items line up along two columns in the center of the screen, and you take what he has as if taking from a chest while adding things from your inventory as if putting them in a chest (except the items line up with totalled values in the middle two columns). When the value of what you are offering is equal to or greater than the value of what you want to take hit enter on your keyboard and either accept or decline the deal. Helpful hint - to move only one item at a time instead of ten, use the mouse + E key to move from chest or merchant to you, and Mouse + Q key to move 1 item to a chest or merchant. To move 100 of something at a time Mouse + shift key + A or D key. Hope this helps.

The game has a few things you need to learn that aren't explained in the manual and aren't intuitive so go here and read the first half of this...it will answer many of the questions you will have:
http://jemym.no-ip.com/Gothic-FAQ-11.txt

Post Mon Dec 31, 2001 5:36 pm
Chewriter
Village Leader
Village Leader

Yeah, what Brak said
Post Tue Jan 01, 2002 1:22 pm