Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
other rpg games
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

ok gothic is extremely supreme. however i have been out of the game scene lately and was wondering if any other rpg games (dnd based or not) have come out within the past half a year..(not Baulders gate..i got that the day it came out). just wanted some suggestions..i hate buying games and then they suck!
Post Wed Jan 30, 2002 12:00 am

soltys
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Summoner is quite nice alternative. Have a look into http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=2197&forum=2&9
Post Wed Jan 30, 2002 12:32 am

I really enjoyed arcanum - it has an interesting story, great characters, and, best of all, turn-based combat. (yahoo!)

If you liked fallout or fallout 2, you'll probably enjoy arcanum.
Read some of the backgrounds on the website to get an idea of the type of game that it is...

http://www.arcanum1.com

Post Wed Jan 30, 2002 1:45 am

RingWrath
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

oh cool as
im currently playin arcanum and i luv it, reminds me of baldurs gate 2. the turn based fighting is completely optional of cource the quick comand for turn based and real time fighting is space bar i think.. sum fights i prefer turn based, sum i like real time, much faster
im to the bit where i gota talk to the chiq's mother in the elvin city
Post Wed Jan 30, 2002 5:07 am
iplaygames2
Master of The Realms
Master of The Realms

Try Wizardry8 if you're into first person party based RPG's..rather customizable, pretty good interface, nice diversity of monsters.. Tons of armors/weapons to experiment with, as well..

Post Wed Jan 30, 2002 5:50 am
El Ratoncito
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, I can definately say DON'T get the Dragonriders of Pern RPG game. It is very sad... however, I am looking for another great RPG, perhaps one where you can do even more than Gothic (one with lots of magic, magic is good). If anyone knows of such a game (don't forget good magic spells), plz let me know (did I mention magic?)
Post Wed Jan 30, 2002 6:38 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

The last RPG I thoroughly enjoyed was Planescape: Torment. Nothing between that and Gothic (just as - for me - nothing remarkable was between Daggerfall and Torment...).

Too bad that's been far more than 6 months ago...
Post Wed Jan 30, 2002 10:08 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

I moved onto summoner after Gothic. Its more like a 3d version of Baldurs gate than a Gothic type game, but its sweet nonetheless. Theres magic (I dont know about 'a lot' of it, I like the melee types) and its nice eyecandy to watch it unleashed. But you dont directly play the mage, but you can control the spells. Anyway, I'd recommend it
Post Thu Jan 31, 2002 6:43 pm