DAoC: Mythic Wields Ban Stick Again
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

DAoC: Mythic Wields Ban Stick Again

107 bans and 167 suspensions is the score of Mythic's latest 'Dark of Camelot' cheater crackdown. Check <a href="http://www.camelotherald.com/more/2017.shtml" target="_blanK">this post</a> at The Camelot Herald for details.
Post Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:08 am
Amparo

Typical

quote:
There has been some silliness on the message boards about an “unbreakable radar program” that “Mythic can’t detect.” Last week we demonstrated that this was pure fantasy on the part of the cheaters. We permanently banned the accounts of 107 radar users, and gave out 167 suspensions. Look for plenty of new “I, uh, I quit! Yeah!” posts on a message board near you!

Disclaimer: I am a United States citizen so the following rant is legitimized.

The above quote is typical American aggressive pride. The oafish, sarcastic American attitude is well known to most of the world except by Americans themselves.

This kind of " Ha Ha, in your face!" gloating by Mythic serves only to empower hackers to try and make a bigger better hack thus creating the need for more customer service resources, more salaries and finally higher prices for the end user.

Why do the developers feel the need to create an image of a battle or war against hackers? Oh, that's right. These are the same people who live in a society that does not fight battles and wars, they "liberate."
Post Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:18 am

Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

/agree totally ... that kind of gloating, especially from a community rep is pretty unnecessary and just creates more hostility. As a DAoC outsider but daily reader of the Camelot Herald, I'd have to say that Sanya Thomas does overall seem to be a very sympathetic community rep though... at least much more so than some of her colleagues working for other companies .
Post Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:13 am
Test
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I believe she also has the longest running rep job in the industry. Most other community reps either get run out by the angry mobs or just disappear.
Post Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:06 am