Thief Guild - Need Help - Urgent
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Metal_Warrior
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thief Guild - Need Help - Urgent

I've joined the militia. And i have to find about the thieves guild. I delivered the stuff from Akils farm to the trader,so the guy at the bar tells me nothing.
I'm putting the farmers clothes and going to the harbor asking for weed. But noone tells me anything. I cant find a clue and i really want to find the thieves guild.They told me there are lots of quests and good things to find...If i dont find it i dont have any quests to do in town.So i must head for the gate but i am only lvl 10 and not feel ready.
I also have another problem:noone can teach my strength for more than 60. Only in the mercs is a guy that can,but i'm not a merc! And i cant find an armor better than the light militia.
So it looks that my only option is to head for the gate. Can i do sthing else?And especially with the thieves
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:43 pm
Kavok
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Did you talk to the merchant and catch Rangaru?(Guy that hangs in the marketplace)?
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:13 pm
Metal_Warrior
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i did!No options about weed. I saw that somewhere else that i should talk to jaba(or whatever is his name) the merchant that i found his money. There's no option about weed
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:40 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

To get better armor, you have to buy it inside the Castle in the Valley of Mines.

To find who's selling the weed, Andre's quest, go to the Red Lantern brothel and pay 50 Gold to be with Nadia. Then tell her to go upstairs, and wait for her to get into the room before you talk to her about anything. It's a bug, I think. If you talk to her before she stops walking inside the room, you won't be able to ask her for weed.
When you talk to her, make sure you have 50 Gold to pay her for information about who's selling the weed.

She'll tell you to talk to the doorman of the Red Lantern. Go talk to him, ask him to buy some weed for 50 Gold. Don't tell him that Nadia told you, otherwise he won't sell any to you. (And he'll probably kill Nadia later. hehehe)

That's it. Go back to Andre and tell him what happened. Make sure to have 150Gold. Because that's how much it'll cost to do everything.

To get into the Thieves Guild, the best and fastest way I've found is to send Rengaru to prison.
It doesn't sound like you did the Rengaru quest yet, so do this.
Talk to one of the Merchants in the marketplace beside the Barracks.
He'll tell you that Rengaru stole his gold. Then go talk to Rengaru, which is also in the marketplace.

He'll start to run, chase him. Once you've caught up to him, tell him that you're sending him to jail and that he should give you back the Merchants gold.
After you get the gold, talk to Andre and tell him what Rengaru did. You get 200 Gold and 100 Exp for this. Then give the gold back to the Merchant.

After all this, go to Kardiff the bartender. He'll tell you someone is looking for you.
Follow his directions and meet the person that's looking for you.
Fight the man, then take his key.

This key leads to the sewers. Go down there, peacefully. Then talk to the first man you see. He'll take you to the leader of the Thieves Guild.

Check the "Teachers?" thread to see who can teach you more Strength.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:50 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Thief Guild - Need Help - Urgent

quote:
Originally posted by Metal_Warrior
I've joined the militia. And i have to find about the thieves guild. I delivered the stuff from Akils farm to the trader,so the guy at the bar tells me nothing.

Two quests missing: (1) Catch Rengaru the thief [talk to Jora, a merchant at the marketplace], (2) Messenger of the Bandits [the bandits' cave is around Akil's farm]

Can't tell you anymore. There are too many threads about the guild. The mods will definitely give warnings if this topic is repeated again. Better do a search in the forums.

quote:
I'm putting the farmers clothes and going to the harbor asking for weed. But noone tells me anything. I cant find a clue and i really want to find the thieves guild.They told me there are lots of quests and good things to find...

First of all, weeds and the Thieves' Guild are not related.

Did you get the weed package? If not, head to the storehouse at the city harbour. This storehouse is located next to the house with the boat builders.

If Lord Andre asks you who is distributing the weeds, go to Red Lantern. Pay 50 gold to Bromor, the guy who runs the Red Lantern. Ask Nadja to go up. Once Nadja is upstairs, pay her 50 gold and ask who's selling weeds. Now, go downstairs and talk to Borka. DO NOT TELL BORKA ABOUT NADJA. Pay Borka 50 gold and he'll give you his weed.

quote:
If i dont find it i dont have any quests to do in town.So i must head for the gate but i am only lvl 10 and not feel ready.

You are ready to proceed to the Valley of Mines.

quote:
I also have another problem:noone can teach my strength for more than 60. Only in the mercs is a guy that can,but i'm not a merc!

If you didn't join a guild, Torlof at Onar's farm can teach you strength up to 90. Since you're a militia now, the only better teacher available is Brutus. You can find him in the Valley of Mines.

quote:
And i cant find an armor better than the light militia.

Sorry. It's the best armor you can have for now, until you head to the Valley of Mines.

quote:
So it looks that my only option is to head for the gate. Can i do sthing else?And especially with the thieves

Yes. Thieves' Guild; Sagitta's herb; Black troll; Go to someone else's tomb; Travel around the land to collect rare herbs, e.g. King's Sorrel. etc, etc, etc. Too tired to think of more.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:56 pm
Metal_Warrior
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hm the problem is that i have already done the Rengaru quest and dindt sent him to prison.
What else can i do to piss the thieves so that they send the assassin who has the key to kill me?
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:04 am
Warlord_David
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

im curious on where this key goes to...the wrong topic but im lazy

I went to Lehgar picked a fight with him and won, i then stole his ledger went to the people on the list and when i went to Hanna she gave me a key, now im curious, what does that key go to?
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:22 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Warlord_David
I went to Lehgar picked a fight with him and won, i then stole his ledger went to the people on the list and when i went to Hanna she gave me a key, now im curious, what does that key go to?

A chest (in a cave) in the treasure island, which is slightly south of Khorinis harbour. The key is packaged in a bag, so MAKE SURE you opened the bag before attempting to open this chest.

There's a trap in the cave. Don't forget to turn it off. (Hint: torch)
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:25 am
Warlord_David
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ahh ya i know where the chest is but i never knew how to turn it off... thx
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:55 am
Warlord_David
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Also umm how would i get into the Thief's Guild? I've already screwed up royally by giving the package to the guy. And i let Jora's thief go, what other options do i have?
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:14 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Warlord_David
Also umm how would i get into the Thief's Guild? I've already screwed up royally by giving the package to the guy. And i let Jora's thief go

*triple sigh*

Hint: third quest, the bandits.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:25 am
Warlord_David
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

...the bandits by the lighthouse?
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:21 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

No, the bandits by Akil's farm.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:50 am
bajskalle
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i too have the same problem..what to do with the bandits at akils farm?
other then that i screwed up with all the quests for theifes guild
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:44 am
Warlord_David
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

the only bandits i know about by akils farm arent bandits but instead mercanires.
Post Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:57 pm